03 A4 1.8t quattro 5MT Build Progress

Discussion in 'Audi and BMW Related' started by Slark, Feb 14, 2015.

1. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

it also is not

PLasTIdiPPed BRUhhhhHHHHHHHHH

2. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

3. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

You and those damn race lands.. And I did too but they were out of round, and brought with them a hellish vibration above 70. In New York it doesn't matter but out here in Kansas the highways come with 75 mph limits.

As far as lowering goes, I'm always cruising the forums for good used suspension. I had race lands on my jetta and the gti, but this time I want something good.

4. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Yep, I chose (with wisdom from some helpful dudes) not to waste my money on that. I bought a dual action polisher and will eventually get around to learning paint correction. Now that I have a garage I'll be able to fix the paint for real.

sasquatch likes this.
  5. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

6. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

No fucking racelands and no plastic dip. I like where your heads at. Keep it up

7. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Buy nice or buy twice I always say (as of recently haha.)

8. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Fuck the haters haha. I had racelands on my scirocco that was brutally raped daily and they were fine. Ride well handled well

People who hate them is because they are expecting 3000$ coils for 400$

Just bag it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    A4 Deja vu likes this.
  9. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

I mean, I had my racelands for a few years and I never had any issues

A4 Deja vu likes this.
  10. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

I had no problems with the race lands on my jetta, but my goal with this car isn't to be low. I want a functional, comfortable ride. I'll probably go with some koni fsd's and sport springs.

11. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

The lower you go the more she likes it!

eurotrsh, RoachinRay and Slark like this.
  12. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Replaced the k&n panel filter with a Mann oe filter, replaced my cabin filter, replaced my jbwelded sjp with a new OEM one. Later today I'll be installing an 034 trans mount and 034 rear diff carrier inserts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  13. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Installed the 034 mounts and inserts today, being an 03 it was kind of a pita, but not too bad. The inserts were harder to get than the mount.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gotta love parts cleaners!^^
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    034 makes it sound like getting those in is soooo easy. It's not! Liars.

They made a good difference, but also made it apparent how loose the suspension is. Pretty much every single bushing is cracked or super worn. Struts/ springs probably have 181k on them. Very tired.

14. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

Stern control arms
    B&G coils
    Sways

Or just bag it, yes, do that.

15. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Bags just aren't practical for me. If I'm gunna bag a car it'll be a car that's worth something. This will just be a comfortable, low maintenance daily when all is said and done.

16. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

St, fk's or solowerks coilovers will get the job done nicely since you dont want to deal with raceland. I still say racelands are the best bang for the buck. They are $369 and makes sense if you wanna keep cost low. I had mk4 and B5 racelands and honestly the b5 racelands rode alot better. Im sure it was because of the double wishbone control arms that Audi has. I vote for racelands since the car has 180k already. Just my opinion.

17. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

My next car will be either a b6 or b7 s4, so I want something I can just transfer over to that. Koni fsd can be had for 599 shipped, and then springs can be found used for cheap. Then I can use the stock S4 springs and koni fsd when I move into that.

18. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

I would reconsider that decision. Jason talked me out of this a couple of times.

19. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

The b6/b7 s4's have timing chain issues. Get a b5 s4 as they are more solid and can be faster than a b6/b7 with just a tune.

20. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

I know that a lot of them do, but also a lot of them don't. I have a soft spot for b5s4's, but I have a softer spot for an awd v8 avant. At the end of the day it'll come to what's available when I'm looking to buy. There's actually been a few really clean b5s4's for sale in my area recently.