03 A4 1.8t quattro 5MT Build Progress

Discussion in 'Audi and BMW Related' started by Slark, Feb 14, 2015.

1. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

The b5s4's are selling for dirt cheap now. I had one last year and loved it. It had k04's with modified k03 inlets with a stage 2+ jfonz tune and a turboback exhaust. It was really fast. I still regret not at least seeing what full stage 3 felt like before selling it. You'll love any s4 compared to an a4. They are like night and day.

2. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

While I love the b6/7 s4, I cannot hate myself of money enough to own one.

Everything is expensive, everything breaks, then it breaks again.

I would love one, the appeal of a v8 awd and possibly wagon is huge. I just can't swallow 6-7k for a timing chain job just for maintenance and like 9k if the motor lets go randomly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Unfortunately jhm has a strangle hold on parts for the s4, and charges pretty high. They do offer stronger can adjusters, which is more often than not the cause of timing failure. Excessive chain movement leads to guide failure, then boom.

4. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Traded it the other day for a 98 civic ex and a good chunk of cash. Had to make a hard, adult decision. Fortunately the civic looks to be in good mechanical condition. Interior is rough but all I needed was a beater. I'll be gone the next 10/12 months so this is perfect. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

6. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Lol out of the blue. Where are you going next?

7. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Well later this month is a 7 week course down in georgia, then another trip to cali for a month and then in october ish ill be off to the magical land of south korea for 9 months. I got a big chunk of debt paid off, woohoo! All this is just to facilitate my move out of the army either next may or summer of '18. Wife and i may be moving to Chattanooga, and at that time ill find another vw. I enjoyed the audi and learned alot more about diy mechanics, but i definitely want some vr in my life again someday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk