1998 Boxster

Discussion in 'Car Journals/Projects' started by unibagel, Aug 18, 2017.

1. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

I've wanted a P-Car for the longest time, I went and looked this this baby a couple of weeks ago. After hemming and hawing for a bit my wife pushed me over the edge, telling me that I need to scratch that P-Car itch to see if I really like them or not. :)

[​IMG]
    Godzirra (Karen's Pilot) proved her might!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Some issues I've found so far:

Blown bulb in cluster
    [​IMG]

Snapped tension cable
    [​IMG]

Cloudy lights
    [​IMG]

Cleaned out the radiators
    [​IMG]

Replaced the front hood struts and got rid of the PO's ghetto mod...
    [​IMG]

New sneaks....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    944_GASM likes this.
  3. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

4. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

My finance guy has one and keeps telling me to buy it. I think his is a 99. Same color blue with tan interior. It's a manual with like 70k miles.... He let me drive it. No low end power but she starts to scream around 4k rpm

5. Xander

Xander McLovin

Fun car, My dad had one for a while that i spent a decent amount of time with. For the money, they are hard to beat these days. I remember the lowering spring install on these really kicked my ass. Other than that, all good memories.

X...

6. Jeller

Jeller Posting- God

Congrats man :tup: I know you have been thinking about one of these for a while. If you can throw some wrenches, I really think these cars are a great buy and alot of fun for the money.

7. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Wrenches thrown, she's a driver now! I really like this little potato!! It's a fun car to drive.

[​IMG]

8. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

She passed inspection! Lol. All legal now. :)

9. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Update: This thing runs great.

10. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Thats all we get?

RoachinRay likes this.
  11. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

LOL. Not much to say, I've just been driving it. I did fix the snapped cable on the convertible top, thanks to some crimp on cable clamps from Mcmaster.com, that was an easy fix and now the top is snug like it should be.

I do need to fix the heater issue, it doesn't work. Need to use someones Durametric cable and software to see if there are any fault codes. Geller gave me a contact for that.

It's a fun car to drive, I took Trent for a spin and he thought so as well. :)