2000 9-5 on CL

Discussion in 'All other Euro Cars' started by muddyvw, Oct 4, 2013.

1. muddyvw

muddyvw Posting- God

So, I'm currently without a car. I've been searching CL for just about anything that peaks my interest. I stumbled across this Saab -----> http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ctd/4108407212.html It's a 2000 9-5 with a 2.3L turbo, five speed, with over 200,000 miles. Is 200k Pushing it on a Saab. I have 0 experience with them. Any thoughts?

2. Ghostrider

Ghostrider One world, one quattro.

Run away little rabbit, run!! You already know that Saab is out of business. At 200K, the big stuff is going to fail.

Get an appliance, like a boring ass Accord, Camry or Corolla, and call it a day.

3. Dos Jotas

Dos Jotas It used to say Admin here

Those were known for eating turbos. I'd avoid it.

4. Haenszel

Haenszel Posting- God

I have a 01 Black jetta 12v vr6 5spd with ~90k and recently done clutch, chains, tie rods, balljoints, strut bushings/bearings and drivers axle (all within 100 miles) if you're interested. Its in good shape, just needs a little bit of love to be cleaned up. More specifically, new struts and a good wax. Picked it up off of a friend in Michigan when he was trying to liquidate and I fixed it up.

5. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Wanttt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

6. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

Rocky, buy my Jetta! Similarly high miles but it has lots of new parts. I'd take $2500 for it

7. muddyvw

muddyvw Posting- God

I don't have to worry about it anymore. I bought a 99 Cherokee for $850. It's a spring chicken at 183,000 miles.