2001 Audi A4 possible V8 project

Discussion in 'Car Journals/Projects' started by A4 Deja vu, Nov 16, 2014.

1. dyllicious

dyllicious Waffle House Bacon

2. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Car has been running good had a few issues with the coolant lines leaking and coming apart....I'm not sure what direction I want to go yet to try to change and get rid of the Haggered together lines I have but as of right now they are working.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Threw some hood pins on it for now Cuz the motor sits a little more forward then I would like and doesn't let it shut right. The hood is damaged so I said fuck it and drilled the holes

I have to look into some front end body adjustments I can't seem to get anything to line up properly everything is crooked but in time I'll get it right.

Got a little sound bite for u guys nothing crazy just a bump

Hopefully I won't break it too early this year

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    rabbit20v and RoachinRay like this.
  3. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

If you it breaks, it means you're doing it right.

A4 Deja vu likes this.
  4. Mk3Sleeper04

Mk3Sleeper04 Vroom!

Sounds good, anyway to make this thing rwd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Yea but I'd like to keep it awd for now

6. corolon

corolon Member

That engine sounds sooo smooth and clean. Keep us updated with more photos (and videos, if you want, although most people don't - but you already posted one, so that's a great start!). Keep up the good work, mate!

7. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

I was actually about to update today.

Thanks the engine runs really smooth and solid I'm very happy with how this car turned out.

So I've been wanting to tackle some things so for the past week I have pulled the harness apart and separated and extended the wiring for the coil packs away from the single main lines coming out from the injector area. I flipped the coils and now have the wiring coming around and under the valve cover and tucked the injector wiring under the fuel rail to give it a more cleaner look. I also decided to get rid of the red intake manifold.

I want to relocate the battery so I can tuck the coolant resivour into the battery tray(may have to get a smaller one) to make it look alittle cleaner.

Also looking to extend the intake pipe more into the fender/ bumper area with a heat shield.

I also eliminated some wiring like the rear 02s the engine mount sensors all my AC wiring and re-wrapped most of the harness in high temp insulating tape.

It doesn't look like much but I'm happy with it and once I clean up the engine bay more it will definitely show. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

did u wrinkle the valve covers?

9. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Yea but I didn't lay it on thick enough it didn't wrinkle much and I cooked it for a like 3 hours

10. corolon

corolon Member

As I said in another thread I think, I know next to nothing about cars, but it's just really interesting to see pictures of the interal parts of the car, and I'm really excited to learn :D
    Thanks for the update!

11. vw to bimmer

vw to bimmer The Krazy Professor

Its always nice to tidy up things those little details add up! :cool:

A4 Deja vu likes this.
  12. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Cut up the engine cover and shortened it to cover up the back of the motor. Also picked up some tires for the B5 s4 wheels I have they have some bad rash but I think I'm going to plastidip then maybe a gunmetal after I clean them up a bit[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

RoachinRay likes this.
  13. dyllicious

Looks pretty good. I like the cover and semi stock look.

14. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Those wheels look good. A dark grey would be sweet!

15. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Well... Broke my diff mount with over night parts from japan.. I mean Josh hot it fixed the next day I wonder how long it was like that... It drives much more solid now. [​IMG]

16. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Ended up picking up a D3 Audi a8 fuel rail for cheap and also looks much cleaner I'll get a pic later of it on [​IMG][​IMG]

17. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Now I have to find a later 4.2 engine cover hopefully the yard will have something soon[​IMG]

18. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

I decided I needed to paint the wheels the avus wheels were really bad alot of road rash and they looked like shit so until I figure out a different wheel set up I need something darker this is cast iron I need some more paint so I was only able to finish 2 and the caps
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. dyllicious

20. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

That's a real slick card trick you got goin there......:sly:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk