2008 VW .:R32 - KurtCav

Discussion in 'Car Journals/Projects' started by KurtCav, Mar 14, 2012.

1. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

I could never leave you guys!

I'm pleased to introduce .:Roxanne

[​IMG]

Found her in Austin at a Toyota dealership. 30k on the clock and with nav. I still miss the 337 but I really love the VR!

2. mahoneybags21

mahoneybags21 Well-Known Member

Congrats on finding a new car!

3. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

You said no gray

4. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

I know! I had my heart set on a blue one but it sold on saturday. This was the only R in the Austin/Dallas/Houston area with this kind of mileage at the price.

5. 8valvematt

8valvematt aka 3.2L 24 valve matt

6. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

FINNNE. I suppose this is acceptable. :)

I'm still bummed you missed out on the red juan.

7. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

.:Roxanne was reserved for T-Red!! you know... you like blue.. Crystal likes gray.. lol

I hope your enjoying it!

8. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I really like the gray!

9. DBR007

DBR007 Posting- God

nice buy congrats. I'm really curious how the 337 held its value insurance wise...what did they give ya if you don't mind?

10. MaxxVR

MaxxVR Well-Known Member

11. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

More .:R's! Well, I have officially started saving my pennys to buy one too I guess

12. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

Drunk whore totals your rare VW then you buy another rare VW, I like your style.

13. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

:biglaugh:

14. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

Love you Kurt.

The R is cool too.

15. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

<3

16. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

can't stop. won't stop.

[​IMG]

Ordered a new hole-less grille because the one that's on there has the lower center piece missing (it's actually broken out and it's not a removable piece, hence the entire new grille). The one that's currently on there is also cracked at the bottom and has license plate holes. The OEM one is $780+ so I got the replica ($250 shipped). From what I have read the fitment is fine (one hole doesn't line up but I know how to use a drill) but it's much shinier than the OEM brushed aluminum look. I'm going to throw this on and see how bad it looks (the missing center grille is currently annoying the crap out of me).

If it looks bad I'm going to look into giving this one a brush aluminum look. I'm thinking maybe some high grit sandpaper. Worst case scenario I can paint it black or something. Another possibility would be to cut the lower center out of this and repair the OEM one I have somehow.

Some dude on vortex also offered to ship me a K&N drop in for free! Didn't even want money for shipping. I think he felt bad about my 337 :worried:

Edit: I also wanted to mention that I was a little bummed about the color at first. Then I realized UG is classy as fvck.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  17. spam16v

spam16v Members Only

scotch brite pad, grocery store, brushed look. BAM!

18. twinning

twinning Active Member

nice R32! geez they want a lot of money for an OEM grill.. good call with the replica. A little elbow grease and I'm sure she'll look fine

19. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

That stuff works on paint?