2015 GTI - Unibagel

Discussion in 'Car Journals/Projects' started by unibagel, Jul 8, 2015.

1. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Steve, you are welcome to take it for a rip... :)

2. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

don't tempt me! i wish a mk7 was in my budget :(

3. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

If you got a 2nd car, its also different, and all of those are valid points

4. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

DSG is awesome and sometimes I wish I had that instead of manual but then the out of warranty repair costs of a DSG absolutely terrify me.

5. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

Here is my commute

[​IMG]

6. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I feel the same way about out of warranty stuff. It's been around so long now that hopefully stuff isn't so astronomical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

Speaking of.
    Come do the clutch on my MK6 so you have practice when you have to do the wife's.

rabbit20v likes this.
  8. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Quick little update: Because of the enthusiastic review that Trent gave on the 034Motorsport Billet Aluminum MQB Dogbone Mount Insert, I ordered one. I’ll install it soon…

Not much else to report, still love the car. :)

9. gv1390

gv1390 Well-Known Member

Nice!

I say it all the time, I really loved my MK6 GTI for a DD. I'm afraid to drive a MK7, don't want payments. Haha.

RoachinRay likes this.
  10. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Installed the 034 Motorsports Billet Aluminum lower mount insert after hearing Trent go on about it. Excellent quality part. Oddly it makes the engine sound louder but it's in a good way. It also firmed things up a bit under load and when the DSG shifts. Feels great, I also recommend it. This new product came out at a good time as I was going to buy a urethane insert, glad I didn't.

Drove to Baltimore for a wedding and got 38 mpg on the way home, not bad little GTI, not bad.

[​IMG]

Ever since I bought the car the fact that there was only a blankey around the battery rather than a proper plastic battery box has bothered me. Solved the problem...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    RoachinRay likes this.
  11. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

how is the DSG? lost its appeal yet?

12. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

As a friend I will say don't do it, save the money. As a salesman, DO IT! YOU WILL FREAKIN LOVE THIS CAR! But really. They are awesome. If you do test drive, beware, you will become a owner

13. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

No. I love it. It's like three transmissions in one.

And, 6 hours drive with no fatigue. Seats are much better than my MkV. :)

14. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

I used to talk shit about dsg but have fell in love also. Like Uni said its a 3 in 1 transmission. I just wish i got 38mpg tho. Im luck if i get 25mpg haha.:(

15. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Installed the Eurojet boost gauge from my MkV only to find that the wiring harness had a broken lead. F-it! Ordered a vent mount kit and New South Gauge. I like it, also picked up some Paddle Shifter Extensions.

[​IMG]

Brought the harness into work and fixed it, off to the 'tex to sell....

RoachinRay and rabbit20v like this.
  16. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

About time everyone hops on the DSG train. Everyone gave me such flak about it at first.

I now want a mk7 :/

RoachinRay and unibagel like this.
  17. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

One of the main reasons I got rid of the GLI after 3yrs of driving it. I hated the DSG. There I said it :)

RoachinRay likes this.
  18. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

I'm on the fence with DSG, could be the Passat is probably programed to be a lazy grandpa unwilling to ever downshift back into 1st gear

Porkins likes this.
  19. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I've always been a fan of dsg but never wanted it.

Now that I'm slowly looking for a daily car I'm highly considering it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

Honestly having a 2015 passat 1.8t auto, and a mk5 R32 id say my passat transmission shifts really fast. It almost acts just like the dsg. Dont sleep on tiptronic if you consider a passat. Ive heard mixed reviews about the passat tdi dsg!