330Xi Rumble

Discussion in 'Audi and BMW Related' started by Garf11, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Garf11

Garf11 New Member

I have a 2003 BMW 330xi. I have been having a rumble when I hit the gas coming from the front on the car. Its only when I hit the gas, it gets stronger with faster speed. I replaced both drive shafts myself but to no avail. My question is, what else can it be? CV joint, control arm bushing, tie rod?

2. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Can you give a better description other than just 'a rumble'?

3. Garf11

Garf11 New Member

Its not a metal on metal sound. Its a rumble, like something is lose and the power is making it bounce around. Its a deep bass sound, like a bang, not to loud though but noticable. I also felt it get worse once or twice then I turned to the left.

4. Xander

Xander McLovin

Front diff?

X...

5. Garf11

Garf11 New Member

We checked that when we did the drive shafts.

6. Garf11

Garf11 New Member

I actually took it to the BMW dealership and they ran all there tests on it, said it was the drive shafts. So I swapped them and the rumble is still there. I brought it back and told them about it, I was pissed, they said sorry but nothing they could do about it. They wanted to check it again but I said no, so this is where I stand.

7. VonThurn

VonThurn Member

I had a similar rumble in my e36. I'm not sure what the part is called but it's the circular 2 inch rubber piece between the drive shaft and the transmission. The rubber was starting to break away and whenever I hit the gas it would cause a rumble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

GUIBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Garf11

Garf11 New Member

Yeah that's the flex disc or aka guibo. I replaced that when I did the drive shafts.

10. VonThurn

VonThurn Member

Yeah that's the name. Sorry that's all I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk