a site suggestion...

Discussion in 'Site Information/Suggestions' started by XwalkerX, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XwalkerX

XwalkerX fist yourself.

instead of banning a erik off the boards maybe we should just take a step back and look at this situation.

so erik posts a picture (which normally people on this site wouldnt give a fuck about) but it offended a new member, now nobody knew this guys friend was a victim including erik.(which is understandable since its nothing someone likes to advertise) anyway as soon as it was taken to pms everything was resolved and it was in no way a personal attack.

now not to take anything away from the victims of domestic violence but roughly 1200 women die annually from domestic violence now just think about how low that number actually is. (thats in the whole united states) not many people know someone who are affected by this first hand.
    yeah it offended that member and with just cause due to his recent loss. everything was taken care of after a few pms but it would have been resolved by having erik just edit his post after he found out the situation at hand. it was in no way a personal attack.

what if i said that the alcohol forum offended me? would you not take it seriously cause im not a new member? well i did know a few people who are no longer with us due to alcohol in one way or another. in 2008 alcohol accounted for over 85,000 related deaths in the united states and with a number that high im much more confidant that more people on this board know someone who has been personally affected besides just myself.

now ask yourself if its ok to turn a blind eye to that just because its socially accepted to drink alcohol. its a pretty big fucking double standard.
    im not saying in any way i advocate domestic violence but i do think the concept of banning someone over this is dumb.

yeah we are assholes. big deal. im sure we have made you laugh or smirk one tiem or another. everyone is so worried about new members and being super pc but its the fucking internet. its just words. its not even a real place. think about how many times a day people use the word gay or faggot. what about them? im sure it offends at least 1 person on here.
    everyone just needs to chill the fuck out and not take this internet shit so seriously.

whatever im done ranting. im sure this will get locked or deleted.

2. Tre

Tre Well-Known Member

well said

3. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

It's not open for debate. Erik was banned for a few more things then just the picture he posted.

Lots of people on this site are getting annoyed by some of the other members poor attitudes towards others. If people continue to treat other people with disrespect then we will do something about it so it doesn't continue to happen. Just because you don't see public posts doesn't mean people aren't complaining time after time about certain members.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  4. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

Im not sure of, nor is it my concern as to why he was banned, but walker makes a good point.

5. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

haha way to get in the second before I close the thread :biglaugh:

Just to clear up something: Walker I do appreciate the comment. I'm sure you all have noticed that the mods and myself are VERY lenient when it comes to problems on the site. None of us want to ban people, but when problems creep up over and over again then something needs to be done. Like Dan said the exact, numerous, reasons as to why Erik was banned for 1 week is none of your concern.

I can count on one hand the number of problems we have had on this site since it started. When something does come up it is discussed by all admin's/mod's as to how to handle it. It's not just one person grabbing the reigns.

If anyone has any further concerns or questions regarding this then please PM me and we can discuss further.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.