Adventures in Honda Ownership.

Discussion in 'All Non-Euro Cars' started by t3h JAM, Jul 2, 2015.

1. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

So the other day I was driving home from work in my Honda Element and my check engine light went on. I was like DANG wtf! This was the 2nd time I had ever seen its yellow glow in over 6 years and 80,000 miles of ownership (first time was for a bad seal on the gas cap)

so I drive it to advance to get the code scanned. as I walked by the rear of the car I noticed that there was NO gas cap on the filler. oh. that might cause a problem.

went into advance and bought a gas cap. put it on. CEL is now off.

so. at 160k miles the Honda continues to be as reliable as ever, and I continue to be as much of a dumb ass as ever.

thanks for reading.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    sasquatch and Minglor like this.
  2. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

we hate you. I speak for the group as a whole.

3. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Oh yea, well the Yaris has 108k, never had a cel and needed one repair beyond basic maintenance that I completed in a parking lot with the most basic tools you could imagine haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

The wife's mkV Rabbit has over 90k. No CEL the whole time we've had it.
    The Passat has only had it once and that has 68k

5. lite1979

lite1979 Printing Shit!

#jealousofyourreliablecar

6. dyllicious

dyllicious Waffle House Bacon

my sweet ass van has 178k on it no issues except i need to rebuild the carb

7. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

so my civic hasn't been running for around a month. ive been driving my other car. my daughter was born early so that took priority. bailey was nice enough to come out today to take a look at it after I had tried swapping distributors, ecu's, and checking all fuses that pertain to ignition and ecu. fuel pump was turning on but no start.

within 15 minutes mike had it figured out and we were doing pulls on the 33. a combination of a blown reverse light fuse (THE FUCK?) a broken single wire to the ecu, and some dumb asshole who swapped distributors and put the spark plug wires on in the wrong order (not me.... ok maybe it was me)

either way. its good now. which brings me to my next question. @lorge1989 - when are we going to run?

Minglor likes this.
  8. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Can run whenever. Haven't driven the 90 in a month lol

9. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

are we both outgrowing car fagging?!?

10. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

No, George has an old Audi. It's just broken haha

t3h JAM and Minglor like this.
  11. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Nope its working fine. I just am out growing it a bit. I put way too much time into it in the spring/early summer. I have other shit to do lol.

t3h JAM and Minglor like this.
  12. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

Yep.
    Non-stop wrenching gets old. Nova was a blast to do but it will likely be the last "build" I do for a while. I think next I'll buy a vette or something and just do a few bolt ons.

lorge1989 likes this.
  13. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

You don't need a vette, you have a nova

14. Minglor

I have zero interest in selling the nova.
    More pushrods.

15. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Yea just keep the nova. No need for a vette. Old muscle car that handles > vette

16. Haenszel

Haenszel Posting- God

We should all get together and talk about the good old days at Tim Hortons at 6am every morning.

lorge1989, Minglor, t3h JAM and 2 others like this.
  17. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

I would be into that! ^^^

so today, after waiting a month for the title to my 2002 Volvo s40 to come in (dont ask, it was a big clusterfuck) im driving it (for the first time in weeks) to work, then to my friends house who is getting it, then rhallock is picking me up and taking me home.

anyway I get into this car, which wouldn't pass inspection because of a CEL on since I bought it almost a year ago, and it fires right up. its a solid vehicle like that. always ran great.

then I notice that the CEL is off. stays off for my 20 mile drive to work. Ac still blows cold too. my element and civic don't have AC :cry:

18. Minglor

Can we ride our motorbikes and harass the underage help?