Anyone want new merch?

Discussion in 'DITB Merch' started by t-rent, Oct 7, 2009.

1. GTiKyle

GTiKyle Posting- God

I wear flex fits. Plan hats come in 2 sizes and every color of the rain bow for under 15 dollars

2. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

Flex fit are good. So who has the owners number over at new era so I can give him a call and have him make a ditb line of hats?

3. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

A friend of mine (fortress on here) does works for NewEra....Ill see who you need to contact

4. fortress

fortress Well-Known Member

thanks dan!
    yo, i work at new era.
    i can tell you it's a huge pain in the ass to get 5950 fitteds. they are douche bags here. you might be able to get them, but don't hold your breath. i can tell you that it will be a lot easier to get flexfit or adjustable hats (920, 3930). you wont get through to anyone here without opening a $10k account, so i can hook you up with a 3rd party rep for the area. shoot me a PM for the contact info.
    hope that helps! let me know if you have other questions.

5. t-rent

I still have a feeling it will be well out of our price range since it will probably be a small quantity. But I guess it can't hurt to find out.

6. t-rent

Well looks like I was wrong. New Era flex fit hats are doable.

Today I will try to figure out a pricing structure and then gauge interest (which hopefully there will be a good amount of).

Also the NY State logo that we had on our tshirts needs to be simplified so that it will look good on the hat. I will be making a few different "dumbed down" designs and will post those as well.

7. GTiKyle

GTiKyle Posting- God

[​IMG]im no graphic artist but im thinking black hat white state outline red letters

heres a sample

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. zklug1013

zklug1013 (OO=[][]=OO)

I'd rock the second one.

9. prbishop

prbishop Pat

i def like the looks of it. i like the ditb vertically aka the lower image. would definitely get one for sure.

10. fortress

fortress Well-Known Member

i'll tell you right now, the digitizers there are lazy pricks. they wont make anything look good if it's challenging.
    i would make ANY text at least 4mm tall. make any lines at least 1mm thick (unless you just want it done in a running stitch - which is just stitching in a straight line, not back and forth or anything).

no matter what, it will never look exactly like your artwork - and 85% of the reason is the people that make the file to run on the embroidery machines are just plain awful.

if whoever is doing this needs help or anything (with graphics, files, new era or any of the process) just shoot me an email. mfcharlesbeasley@gmail.com

11. GTiKyle

GTiKyle Posting- God

I already rock a black flex fit with gtikyle on the back. Ill have to add it to my new hat

12. t-rent

Thanks for the tips. Once I put a graphic or two together I will send them your way just to see how you think they will turn out.

13. ejg3855

ejg3855 Eric

ohhh custom user name hats ??

14. GTiKyle

GTiKyle Posting- God

Yeah why not just add your user name? I think I paid 5 dollars to get it on there. I use gtikyle for everything. So I just put it on there

15. t-rent

I've been slacking on this. Things have been insanely busy.

16. t-rent

Sorry guys, I'm in the middle of moving...again, so my free time is pretty much 0 for the next week or two.

17. turbosilly

turbosilly Shoots pirates w/cameras

This sounds great. I love the custom names too.