Anyone working on random/cool projects? Car related or not!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 18t papa, Oct 9, 2014.

1. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Yea it's night and day difference now, especially with the carpets gone

2. Haenszel

Haenszel Posting- God

3. SloDub

SloDub I got a Tetnis shot

Aside from normal family stuff and work I've started coaching my boys in mites/cross rinks ice hockey and...

I've been slowly building this..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

using some new and scraps from redoing this over the summer..
    [​IMG]
    To this..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, Jam. I too have been building an electric brewing rig..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Although its been a collaboration with 2 other buddies and has been a year in the making. Mostly because we all have kids and getting together to work on this appears to be more of a challenge. but we want to brew 15-20 gallon batches soon!!

And moving forward on the GTi at the same time, which is sitting with a dying fuel pump...

Oh and Steve we had a 8 x 12 room in our house painted a shade of green that was really black! It felt ridiculously small. It took 3 coats of Killz primer to fully seal it to get the lighter color to cover..

4. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

Nick, I don't know why you're such a slacker.

5. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

I've just started getting back into wood working again.
    Making a small Maple box for my Cousins wedding gift.

[​IMG]

I made a jig to cut the box joints as well.
    I'm sure I'll be making a few boxes like this in the future, so why not have the a jig.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  6. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

I guess I don't give a shit anymore... Nothing to do and nothing to prove equal zero projects. :woot:

7. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

Why's it gotta be something to prove?
    I just build house and car things for my own entertainment.

And the rabbit does not deserve an ls1.

8. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

:bsflag:
    :bsflag: you're always too busy with something

9. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

Duuddeeeeeeeeeee. Wow. I would love to check that out sometime. Just let me be a fly on the wall for a brew day?

10. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

Also. Does perfecting my pizza making skills count as a project?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My personal favorite thus far- buffalo chicken. I thought it was awesome.

[​IMG]

11. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

[​IMG]
    olive oil + some other crap, parmesan cheese on dough, spinach, goat cheese, mozzarella and parm on top. Yum.

12. gv1390

gv1390 Well-Known Member

Not that "cool" but I'll bite...

Another CB550 build:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remodeled/made a room at my shop for a sitting area, although I don't have before pictures but here's how it turned out so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to get my R6 ready for the track, fork seals, chain & sprocket, oil change, radiator repair, new tires, SS brake lines, etc.

[​IMG]

followed by a track day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Making an LS6 engine "end table" to accompany the room at my shop I made. Need to find some extended bolts with an odd pitch size. Also, already got the glass although I may get it cut to something more appealing than just a plain square:

[​IMG]

13. checko

checko Well-Known Member

Made the claimed 205hp on the dyno tonight!
    [​IMG]

14. Wsalisbury3

Wsalisbury3 Well-Known Member

Figured this would be the best spot for this. Not really a build, but more of a season review.
    This season was my 15th year racing karts. And I'm only 20. This was my 2nd year running the 125cc TaG karts, but really my 1st year competitively.

The kart is a 2005 TonyKart Venox. It is a 30/32mm chassis, and handles excellent for almost 10 years old. The engine is a 125cc Iame Leopard. TaG stands for Touch and Go, as they have On board starters...which dont always work!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

The first major event I did this year was the GearUp F series, which is probably the most competitive series in the north east. I was up against star drivers including Mike Giessen (Currently in FIA World Finals), and Sage Karam (2014 Indy 500 Rookie). 10 minutes before qualifying in the final practice I did 3 laps and blew up my engine. We ended up changing engines and made it on time for qualifying. It was probably the fastest engine change we've ever done. The race was also at night. My goal was to get a top 10 finish, and we successfully achieved that finishing 9th overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrVEL4dQdOc&list=UUyWtRGTfjkzLGKarN8snobQ
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

After that race we went to Cherry Valley in Syracuse for a $1000 to win TaG race. There was 17 karts in my class, and we did not qualify. The only setup change we did from the gearup race to here was change to a soft axle. Unbelievably this change probably benefited me almost a second. When the feature race came I believe I started 5th on the grid. Within 3 laps I was up to 3rd spot. I was about 2 tenths off of the leaders who were about half a second in front. It was unbelievable to get a podium finish in such a big event. I'm confident that if we had changed to a soft axle for the Gearup race I could of had a top 5 finish.

http://youtu.be/BB2f98Qw58Q?list=UUyWtRGTfjkzLGKarN8snobQ

As the season continued my luck seemed to be like a roller coaster. I would have really good races and finish 2nd or 3rd, and then have a mechanical issue the next race, or blow up another engine.

http://youtu.be/uQ-d9_YfYkg?list=UUyWtRGTfjkzLGKarN8snobQ

^^^That one hurt..

With about 3 races to go, I was battling for the lead at Avon, when my chain came up and wrapper itself around the clutch and crank. Although we ended up running the remaining 3 races of the year, it ended up bending the crankshaft just slightly enough to give it a flat spot at high end. It kind of was amazing I was able to run as well as I did the last few races with a bent crank.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

http://youtu.be/TY1NCa-Y8X0?list=UUyWtRGTfjkzLGKarN8snobQ

For 2015 we are currently committed to running the full GearUp F series, which will take us all the way to NJ, PA, Boston, and a few other tracks to be annouced. I'm hoping we can have a strong year, and start winning more races!

All my videos are on my youtube channel, and I plan to upload more that I forgot to soon.

Also one of the coolest things I've ever done earlier in spring was to actually design kart graphics. I had no experience in graphics before but I gave it a shot, and I thought they came out better than I could of ever imagined. Hopefully i will also end up with one of these chassis for next year

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Will

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  15. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

^This is really cool Will!

16. Wsalisbury3

Thanks, its a lot of fun. Just wish we had a track closer around here. It's one of those sports not many people know about, and I always try and introduce as many people as possible to it.

17. Unit91MS

Unit91MS Well-Known Member

Very cool! I love karts, just wish I had the time and money!

18. Wsalisbury3

yeah, unfortunately this is where all my money goes, which is why I haven't done anything to my car.

But, having a modded car isn't going to make me a better driver, so I can't really complain.

19. vw to bimmer

vw to bimmer The Krazy Professor

Tease ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  20. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Swap the allroad??