bunny hunny

Discussion in 'Featured Cars' started by t-rent, May 25, 2011.

1. tgrinsell

tgrinsell Posting- God

No one said it wasn't a nice car.... But if u surf the web and see the cars other sites feature there not so cookie cutter each one has something unique that makes it worthy of a feature. In my opinion features should be earned. Now I'm not saying every car needs bags or poke and stretch. But proper mods that aren't seen everyday. I'm not hating but if a car with minimal mods and reps can get featured it takes away from the exclusivity that is a "FEATURE" and what's the point in trying to earn one if there given away. Just my opinion

2. Haenszel

Haenszel Posting- God

There's like 15 people who post on this forum regularly. There's not a lot of stuff to choose from.

3. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

Again, I think you're missing the point of the featured car.
    It's not about who has the best modded cars, yada yada yada.
    We wanted something that we could eventually showcase everyone's car in.

4. DBR007

DBR007 Posting- God

What is this new car you speak of?

5. tgrinsell

tgrinsell Posting- God

No I get it I thought that was the point of the new members ride/build section, a place for each person the feature their car for themselves. Well here's an idea idk how much time is actually put into each feature but I like the idea of doing everyones car so maybe they could do a new feature each week

6. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

That means steve and common need to get pics with someone every weekend. They are taking personal time to do this stuff. It shouldn't become a job for them when it was started to be something fun.

7. tgrinsell

tgrinsell Posting- God

I'm sure there are other people around that can take and submit pictures I'm just saying to try and do it monthly everyones car it would take years Or have a form to email to everyone and fill out and they can submit their own write ups and pics

Or set up a photo meet/cruise that way steve and common can even take the pics and just have them on file to choose between and you could even have steve and common choose one each at the beginning of the week and have a vote off to see who gets the feature then the runner up gets the next weekend feature I'm just throwin some ideas out there

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  8. Rovert

Rovert Young Steak... aka Veal

right on on clear headed responces^ i see what your sayin, but we really dont have many really extensive builds. and i think the point is to have enough cars/members to last a few years. Ditb i think anyone would agree is growing and thats awesome! so its probably better to keep the feature low key, and real to the site and all of us in the area. not so much to show off the top cars, but so we all get a chance to take a little look into some other members cars and reasons for having that car. going for a really prestigious feature could be left up to magazines and blogs and stuff.
    maybe we could start a section for DITB that includes any media attention we get in shows,mags ect.? i know a few cars and members have been in eurotuner and whatnot.

i think its nice that our mods put together the feature car thing at all- we shouldnt really debate it, just enjoy it for what it is.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  9. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

I understand and I'm sure there's an optimal way to do it so steve and common aren't doing all the work. Maybe the photography guys car put on a photo GTG that they've been thinking of and get a member's car out there every once in a while at a decent location and practice on a feature car and submit pics. This could up everyone's involvement with the site too and I think that's what the suits (T-rent, rabbit16v, CommonGTI) are going for with this featured car thing.

10. Rovert

11. tgrinsell

tgrinsell Posting- God

I agree getting more involvement out of members is key. I like the idea of photo g2g I've never had anyone with any skill take any pics of my car lol

12. Rovert

my friend shawn in hamburg is getting pretty into photography, hes waiting for some wheels for his Z but him, myself and some other of our friends are going to do a shoot soon. so far hes got a few nice car shots, he would probably love to shoot a bunch of other cars in the area.

13. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

You guys are bringing a tear to my eye. I wouldnt want to have Photo g2g but maybe a just chill GTG at really cool spot and just take a shit ton of pictures and make the GTG a feature.

14. tgrinsell

tgrinsell Posting- God

15. RHallock

RHallock TEAM HATE

or you could just buy your own camera so this thread can finally die.

16. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

:nana:

17. RHallock

RHallock TEAM HATE

I really don't understand why people can't just do what everyone else did and PM one of you guys about being the featured member.

why there has to be so much crying, in someone's featured members thread no less, is beyond me.

18. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

^ It's just jealousy. People just get upset when they think they have something better and it's not first to be represented. I'm sure you probably troll stance works bitching that your car wasn't featured before some other car that isn't as perfect.

I Don't mean to bitch.. But blowing up this thread the way some of you did is a HUGE reason why there are so many people in the area that won't post on here. The majority of you guys make us look like asshole's.

Now GTFO of this thread. :]

:nana:

19. tgrinsell

tgrinsell Posting- God

Well there's the answer everyone just go buy a DSLR that means ur pics are professional so what's the need for people who know what there doing...

And it's not jealousy trust me

And as for asking for a feature... That kinda defeats the purpose I mean you don't email stance works or pvw and ask for a feature. They choose the car and put in the time and work for that car that they think is worthy of putting time and effort into featuring.

I have tons of money and time and sweat into my car and I still don't think it's feature worthy

20. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

You should get the story straight. There was no asking or emailing to get this car featured. There was snow on the ground and non of the "worthy" cars were avalible. A slot was needed to be filled. So quit with the bs about people asking.