Dubs in the Buff GTG 2018 - discussion thread

Discussion in 'DitB Yearly Show' started by lorge1989, May 22, 2018.

1. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

I think there is interest in this again, correct?

Looks like there won't be a Great Lakes GTG this year which stinks....

We can probably get a time at NYBP again, but should we change it up a bit? I think if we could organize a few cruises to the event to make it a little more driving focused that might be cool.

Thoughts?

For all new members here are some shots/videos from past events :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2015:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/118071604550204207997/DITBGTG2015?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

I agree. Why park our cars all the time and look at them when really we all love to drive them. I'm down for that

lorge1989 likes this.
  3. g3tbrnsd

g3tbrnsd Member

Sounds great to me

4. BlackGTI

BlackGTI Well-Known Member

I’d like to propose something more Southtowns located. I can help plan where to meet and some entertaining routes if there’s interest.

MKVImike likes this.
  5. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

I think a meet with a drive would be cool. And also something more in between the north and southtowns is better I agree. NYBP is pretty far north.

I personally have always like locations on the lake/river.

6. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

I'm down for southtowns and driving.

JKaczor likes this.
  7. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

8. lady bug

lady bug Posting- God

I'd be down for some sort of cruise as opposed to parking in a lot somewhere.

9. 88Quattro

88Quattro Well-Known Member

Maybe I am the odd one as I enjoy hanging out with people and seeing the cars they brought. But anytime I make it to a show, we always setup a cruise to get to the location.

What can be fun is setting up a mini TSD Rally style cruise. Have a few locations picked out and times to be there. Then mini groups can split off if need be; people that don't want to take the highway, only take the highway, etc.

RoachinRay likes this.
  10. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

Lets maybe hit up a few breweries spread out all over WNY. Say have one in the northtowns, one downtown and one in the southtowns and cruise to all locations together and hand for an hour or 2 then on to the next...

JKaczor and g3tbrnsd like this.
  11. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

All good thoughts. Driving to a few different breweries sounds like a bad idea... Mixing drinking and driving is never good, especially at an organized event like this.

I think a cruise/rally to the show might be cool.

JKaczor and The Noob™ like this.
  12. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

Let’s do a southtowns meet. Maybe we can do something in the village of Hamburg where the farmers market usually is? Across the street from The Palace? There are 3 bars in walking distance, 2 coffee shops, a handful of food joints and tons of parking. Just a thought.

13. The Noob™

The Noob™ Active Member

Kinda new to the form. Would love to make some suggestions for where to meet up but I wanted to see if they are any specific criteria you look for?( All blacktop for parking, food/drink, exc). I'm as north town as you can get so there are a lot of open parks and what not that would be great for meet ups. If you are looking for food and drinks though, we would have to take care of some grilling ourselves. Some nice routes along the river/lake up here too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  14. Jeller

Jeller Posting- God

I like having it at NYBP (not just cause I live near by either) I think the place works great for this event, it's perfect size lot really, beer and food available for everyone, restrooms, never had any issues with anything there, It may be hard to replicate this actually. Some possible ideas: Riverworks, or the place that used to be dock at the bay, just throwing out ideas...

g3tbrnsd likes this.
  15. MKVImike

MKVImike Member

Even as a Southtowns guy, I enjoyed NYBP and thought that the entire event went smoothly. I wouldn't be opposed to another trip out there, perhaps with a few organized cruises from the different locales?

16. Xander

Xander McLovin

To me that was one of the best spots for a get together, nice lot, food and beer, bathrooms. Keep it there.

X...

JKaczor, g3tbrnsd and MKVImike like this.
  17. GLIguy

GLIguy New Member

I have a "build it and they will come" mentality by which I mean if 5 people say "let's meet here at this time" people will show. Based on that video and some comments it seems like people like NYBP so why not do it there again? Maybe first week in August or something?

18. BlackGTI

BlackGTI Well-Known Member

So is there anything planned?

19. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

Not looking that way. Seems as though the DITB scene is pretty dead.