F100 Project

Discussion in 'All Non-Euro Cars' started by dyllicious, May 24, 2019.

1. dyllicious

dyllicious Waffle House Bacon

I have almost finished doing everything I wanted with the Miata so I started looking on Craigslist for a new project. I found a 1973 f100 on Craigslist about 40 miles from my house for 650. After checking it out I offered the guy 500 and he took it too quick but I was happy with it. Drove it home that day with no issues. The frame, engine, transmission and diff are in great shape. The cab is toast and the bed is from a 7th gen f150 and is pretty shot.

I plan to fix it up first then eventually put a crown Vic front end in it.
    Specs: 73 Ford F100
    300 ci inline 6
    3 speed manual
    Lots of rust and speed holes
    shrunk f100.jpg

2. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

Man the those 300's are beasts. Super reliable. Great project good luck on the body work

3. dyllicious

Ya this is my second Ford 300 hundred it won't go anywhere fast but it'll pull a stump out of the ground. I'm thinking about putting an eBay turbo on it at some point just to see what happens.

4. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

For $500 you can't really go wrong. Just buy the entire crown vic, use everything.

5. dyllicious

Ya once I have a cab that isn't Swiss cheese and the frame is blasted and painted I'll get a crown Vic.

I've put 150 trouble free miles on it so far.

6. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

I imagine find a rust free cab isn't the easiest thing in the world... Have you see the Hot Rod garage where they use crown vic parts in a build like this? Its pretty awesome.

7. dyllicious

I haven't seen that episode I'll look it up. I found a cab that just needs floors. I should be able to weld in new floors.

8. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

It might be a two parter, I'm not positive.

9. dyllicious

Watched the videos that was a surprisingly smooth swap. The only good parts on my truck are the frame and the driveline though soooo I'd have to just throw it out and start fresh lol.

10. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Been a while since I have seen it, but now that you say that... sorry hahaha

11. dyllicious

Haha no problem I'd do it if I had a body to swap. Mine is basically Swiss cheese in the shape of a truck.