[GM content] Bravada ideas.

Discussion in 'All Non-Euro Cars' started by Slark, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Not sure who has experience with this platform, but I finally got the beast and I'm already itching to mod it. It's got a very healthy 4.3 vortec v6. 235/75/15 tires, everything else stock. Rated at 200hp/248ft/lbs. Oh, it's full time awd :D 35% front 65% rear. Looking for advice on exhaust sizing, mufflers, tuning, suspension.
    [​IMG]

2. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

You should make another thread :D

3. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

I'm going to start a thread here asking for suggestions on building my Honda, should work out well.

4. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

At least you put this thread in the right section.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  5. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

Suspension will be tough with that drivetrain. Lowering those wreaks havoc on the axles and will likely ride like total dog shit unless you went air.

You could do lowering blocks for the rear and crank the torsion bars in the front. That leaves the front with much less travel and the rear will ride basically the same.

6. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

It's a sad day in dubs in the buff when eurotrsh is the helpful, non-sarcastic one. There's literally no local enthusiast support. Everyone in kansas is like "lift it a foot! 37's!! BROOOOO."

7. Haenszel

Haenszel Posting- God

Hagens not usually helpful?

He's the only one with input because he's the only former (current) mini-truck fan.

8. eurotrsh

When am I not helpful? I answer peoples questions (when I have insight) with no issues. Mostly regarding wheel fitment and suspension stuff.

Go join a Bravada forum, you fucking dork.

9. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

and I just snorted out loud..Thanks Dan

10. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. eurotrsh

12. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Haha okay too good man. I can't top j law being awesome.

13. Dos Jotas

Dos Jotas It used to say Admin here

I know a little about these since I worked in the car business when these things were getting traded in like whoa. Yours looks like it is in really nice shape. They love to rust and the white ones really show rust because it stained. The old 4.3 was a pretty tough engine, saw many with 200K. Personally, I'd keep it stock. This is partially because I'm old and like keeping things stock and working well. The other reason is there isn't a ton you can do to these things. What you have there is a fantastic winter beater that will last for years if taken care of. Bravada's always had super cushy interiors. I wouldn't raise or lower it because it's at a nice height for plowing through snow, and going over curbs. Leave the exhaust stock as they sound like garbage when they are loud. I worked with a guy back when I did landscaping when I was in high school that had an S10 that had a really modded 4.3. He had some GM performance heads and some other nonsense. It was pretty quick, but was a ton of money and effort for what he got out of it.

If you want to learn about how not to mod a Chevy 4.3, the guys on Roadkill did a great job on the Rotsun:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcjC00J8FaM

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  14. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

Yea I figured that's when they all disappeared, cash for clunkers even claimed a phoon. After looking into it and realizing all I really have is an s10 blazer I decided to not spend a dime and save up for somethjng better. After deployment in october(fingers crossed) I'll have so much extra to spend on a car. And by car I mean wife.