Help with my NOS system

Discussion in 'Everything Technical' started by Smaefer, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Smaefer

Smaefer HEATED 24/7

This kid wanted to trade me his NOS system out of his car for a snowboard, so I did it. I hooked it up to the car this weekend but something does not seem right. I don't feel more power or anything when I hit the NOS. The car still feels the same as before I hooked the NOS up. But here are my main problems I am having. My CEL light is on now and gas as spilling out of the gas tank where I ported the NOS into. I tried to use JB weld but the gas just keeps eating away at it. I don't know what to do now I think I'm going to have to get a new gas tank now and make sure the hole I drill in that one for the NOS port is smaller. I have called the kid a bunch of times for help hooking this up but he will not call me back. I should have never hooked this up. I don't think he gave me the right part to port into the gas tank.

2. g60gti

g60gti Well-Known Member

Dude! You dont hook NOS directly up to your gas tank. You have to tap into the gas line right near the fuel filter, then you need the NOS filter put into the line also. If you want i can help you, i have had NOS on every one of my cars that i have owned. Make sure you run 100 octane fuel also, or else the NOS wont mix with the gas properly.

3. Smaefer

Smaefer HEATED 24/7

So what you are telling me is that I hooked it up wrong? I thought I was to drill it into the gas tank. Now you say to run it into my fuel lines? I think I fucked my car up now. I'm going to take the NOS port out of the tank tonight, and relocate it to my air box. Can anyone on here weld my tank back up for me? So that way I will be sucking the NOS and should get some good power from that.

4. Sprunch

Sprunch pinche marijuanos

You need to hook a 25lb bag of sand up to your intake and start the car so it sucks in the sand to port the intake and head...

Erik stop playing with the peeps on the site who don't know you there jerky.;)

5. LowlyOilBurner

LowlyOilBurner Posting- God

Yeah, be glad to help weld up your gas tank. I have done it before, i just have to be real careful around the fuel lines. Those sparks can be dangerous!!! I told you not to hook it up to the gas tank!!! The air box is the right way to do it!!! PM me and i'll bring my TIG welder over later if you need!!!

6. Smaefer

Smaefer HEATED 24/7

I'm not playing! Just because I have made one big mistake in the past 10 years of tuning cars does not make this a joke. I did this for real. And I dont think that sand will work that will just kill my motor. After I hook the NOS up to the air box I should be good to go. Vroom vroom with a psst psst..

Can you give me a price on a tank. I will need one if matt cant weld her up for me...

7. LowlyOilBurner

Erik, make sure you DO NOT Drain the gas outta the tank!!!! It helps cool the welds better!!!!

8. Dos Jotas

Dos Jotas It used to say Admin here

while u are under there be sure to lube your brakes up really good! u don't want squeaks!

9. Smaefer

Smaefer HEATED 24/7

Don't need to get under there to do that. WD40 works the best for when your brakes squeak.

10. 03aprjetta

03aprjetta Well-Known Member

yeah speaking of brakes i heard some people on the TEX have been cutting there brake lines and taking off rear calipers to save wieght !! they dont do much anyways right ?

11. LowlyOilBurner

You and JJ should be ashamed of yourselves. Some of us here are just trying to help this fellow out. He got a really sweet deal with the NOS kit and all that. He just made some minor mistakes, so we should all try to give him a helping hand, instead of poking fun at his mishaps!!!

12. Dubinbuffalo

Dubinbuffalo Banned

This is from the Acura forums, seen this on Vortex awhile ago

13. Haenszel

Haenszel Posting- God

Oh eric you screwed up this time.... ;)

14. Sprunch

You already did that, but that one we can write off to inexperienced youth...
    I thought the NOS went into the valve cover....

15. Smaefer

Smaefer HEATED 24/7

Yeah thats the only place I could find on how to hook the NOS up. And the guy said the gas tank you have to drill a port. See even you thought you hook it up your gas tank.
    Looks like I got some bad advice.

Spurk I think it goes into my air box. I'm going to give that a try tonight.

16. leftcoaster

leftcoaster YES! I do repost!

17. LowlyOilBurner

Hold on, I think i got it!!! I was reading in an old Super Chevy mag. The tech section said to drill a 1/4inch hole in the comperssor housing of the turbo, and pipe in the NOS that way! Seems thats how it should be done from the get go!!! (November 1997, Super Chevy Magazine)

18. Smaefer

Smaefer HEATED 24/7

Yeah that does sound like a good way to do it. I will unhook the port from the gas tank and relocate it to the turbo. I will drill the hole when I get home from school tonight. But how do I stop the gas from spilling out of the port I drilled into the tank?

19. Sprunch

Stick yer finger in it...;)