How to use DITB Garage

Discussion in 'Site Information/Suggestions' started by t-rent, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

Using the DITB Garage for Members

How to create a new Garage:
    1. Go to the photo gallery.
    2. Click “Manage My DITB Garage” in the lower gallery navbar.
    3. In the First required field, enter the info.
    4. Fill in any additional required fields.
    5. Click the “Submit” button.
    6. Edit the description of your Garage, if necessary, and upload photos.
    7. Click "Submit" when done.
    NOTE: The photo upload will fail if the photo is too big. This means that you MAY be required to resize your photo before uploading it. You can continue to upload photos by clicking the “Choose...” button and repeating cycle. When finished uploading the last photo, click the “Submit” button.

How to add/upload photos to a Garage:
    1. Go to the DITB Garage.
    3. Click on the "edit" button for the Garage that you wish to add a photo to.
    4. Below the edit box for the description, locate the "Choose" button. Type in a description of the photo then choose a photo. When you select it, it will begin uploading automatically.
    5. New photos are added to the bottom of the photo list. Edit the description if necessary or delete the photo if you change you mind.
    6. Click "submit" above the "choose" button when done.
    NOTE: The photo upload will fail if the image is too large. This means that you MAY be required to resize your photo before uploading. You can continue to upload photos by clicking the “Choose...” button and repeating the cycle. When finished uploading the last photo, click the “Submit” button above the "Choose" button.

How to edit a photo description:
    3. Click on the "edit" button for the Garage that you wish to edit a photo in.
    4. Find the photo you wish to edit the description of and click the “[Edit Desc]” link on the far right.
    5. When the editor appears, enter the new description and click "save". Click "Cancel" if you change your mind.
    6. Click “Submit” at the top of the photo list when done.
    How to delete photos from a Garage:
    3. Click on the "edit" button for the Garage that you wish to delete a photo from.
    4. Find the photo you wish to delete and click the delete link. Confirm you are sure and the photo is deleted.
    5. Click “Submit” above the photo list when done.
    How to delete a complete Garage:
    3. Click on the "delete" button for the gallery that you wish to delete.
    4. You are asked to confirm the deletion. Confirm you are sure and the gallery is deleted including all photos.
    How to get an image link for a post(URL):
    1. Click on a photo thumbnail in your Garage to show the full size photo.
    2. Mouse-over the full size photo.
    3. Right click the Photo.
    4. Select from the drop-down menu either “Copy Image Location” (Fire Fox) or “Copy Shortcut” (IE)
    5. Go to the post you want the link URL in and right click the mouse, click paste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.