hypothetically speaking... (What ~$15k -$20k car)

Discussion in 'All other Euro Cars' started by t3h JAM, Jul 14, 2015.

1. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

there is just something awesome about being walking distance to some of the greatest places this area has to offer, I love where I love. dare I say, I may be outgrowing my car fag days

2. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

Rarely.

And double what he wants to spend on a car...

Unit91MS likes this.
  3. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I kinda miss being able to walk everywhere. But I really love where I live now.

There is a house for sale 6 doors down from me. BE MY FUCKING NEIGHBOR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

my wife refuses to live in Cheektowaga haha.

5. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

BE MY FUCKING NEIGHBOR!!!

it's so close to Amherst that you can just say you live in Amherst

Minglor likes this.
  6. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

I said thats what I'd do. Thats just me. If a person has $15-$20k to spend how bad would a $450 payment overtime hurt honestly. $450 x 36(Lease) is only $16k. Id totally do that.

7. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Sounds like a great way to waste 16k

A4 Deja vu likes this.
  8. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

So leasing is a waste you say?

9. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

16k to rent a car for 3 years? Nah that's a great deal. Especially when it sells as CPO for $25k. They make a bonus just for some fggt to jerk off on the recaros and film it with a go pro on a stick for 3 years.

10. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Depends on the lease, but a lot of the time yep.

11. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

$50k car that will be worth $25k in about 3-4 years with very little warranty left that will be only worth $12k by the end of financing not to mention the car will then be 8-10 years old. Also if it gets any damages reported on carfax it will depreciate even more. You gonna waste money either way. Why not waste it in the beginning when there are hardly any of them on the road. Maybe im different. I dont buy a car to keep for 10 years. From year to year i like diffrent cars. I get bored with the same shit.

12. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

honestly leasing isn't a bad idea if you do the optional buy out at the end, because you're renting the car during the time it depreciates the most, and not paying on the principal until the most depreciation takes place in the shortest amount of time in the life of the car

for high dollar cars, you might actually save a few $$ if you lease new, then buy out after a few years

either way, im not into leasing. I already rent where I live, I don't need to rent what I drive too haha.

Unit91MS and bloodtypevr6 like this.
  13. Xander

Xander McLovin

My CC does the job for me, well within budget, CPO, 6 speed, decent "style" to it, etc. With a tune and stuff it will be 300hp ish, and it can hold family of 4 and extra stuff

X...

SloDub and sasquatch like this.
  14. Shrives

Shrives Posting- God

Get a Jetta, or sportwagen. I bought my '12 Jetta for $16K new. It's a base model (so not really fun) but I get 30mpg, it's a 5 spd, fine in the winter, and oh I pay $250 / month for a brand new car. Tough to beat the value.

15. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

have you considered a NEW jetta, they have replace the 2.slow with a 1.4TSI. 150ish hp and 180ish tq, i'm sure tunes and fun stuff will follow. I drove a new jetta with a 1.8t and did not hate it, it was pretty nice and felt pretty quick.

16. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

Hey now, let me do my job haha. But for real, the 1.4 TSI is wayyyyyyyyy better than the 2.death. I call it that because if you pull out in front of somebody, you're dead. Except its a Jetta and they are safe. That's all.

17. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I did this on purpose haha

18. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

I just picked up a crazy clean late MKV jetta for about half of this budget and it's great.

19. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

so you're saying I could sell the element, get one, AND keep my civic

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM