Jeep Fiagade

Discussion in 'All other Euro Cars' started by Rovert, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Rovert

Rovert Young Steak... aka Veal

the Jetta i named Murphy, as in murphy's law because something went wrong on a daily basis. its getting parted out down in florida...
    So, i travel a lot right now, needed something i could count on and that would be more useful. i test drove one of these last year out of boredom / curiosity and loved it immediately. got a solid 0%-60 deal on it and thus, i am a Jeep (sorta) owner.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Its a 2016 Renegade Latitude 4x4, 6 speed manual- 1.4 multi air turbo, same motor in abarth 500. also got the cold weather pack for when I'm home in the winter.. and when i eventually relocate back to NY because florida is awful. its fun, useful and it was pretty cheap for what comes in it. very pleased with this purchase. plans are wheels/tires so it doesn't look like a roller skate and i would like to do the I/E/S rout eventually. it could use some pep but more so, its so quiet i cant hear when I'm reving or trying to downshift, so id like a little noise out of her. so far so good. had it about a month and already has 4,000 miles!

2. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

Yes, but will a Honda Grom fit in the back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Cool man.

In for having you back in BFLO!

4. Rovert

yes, the grom will fit. also there are a bunch of trailer hitch aftermarket options that ill likely get into at some point when i move back. and yes. i miss buffalo so much. but i think this jeep will allow me travel around the country for cheap and its got lots of compartments and space. much like the mk7 golf/gti hatch area with the recessed floor only its deeper in the jeep, with another area under that for small stuff. already slept in it a half dozen times, the other day i fit a TV consul and my MT bike in it.. which is kinda wild.

5. JKaczor

But does it drift

RoachinRay likes this.
  6. Rovert

only time will tell

7. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

That 1.4T scares me. I like the car overall though!

8. Rovert

i think its a little more fitting in the FWD model for weight and less trans drag, but its in the Dart, Renegade, 500 / 500L / Abarth and i this something else? maybe some Chrysler shit. but in my 3500lb jeep is still scoots when you mash it. its not meant in this package to be sporty, but dude- i cruse at approx. 70 and get 36-40mpg. I'm becoming more and more impressed with it. over all, content with purchase. i was really narrowing it to this, a GTI or an FR-S. GTI would still be awesome but they are just too expensive now IMOP. give me a plain old GTI without all the gadgets and bullshit for a reasonable price and i would have bought one for sure.

9. Dos Jotas

Dos Jotas It used to say Admin here

Alfa Romeo 4C, and Fiat 124 (Fiata) off the top of my head.

It's a pretty high tech little engine: http://www.allpar.com/mopar/14.html

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  10. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Which is why its scary.

11. Rovert

voted one of the best new motors in 2010. seems like its pretty competent going into 2017 still in good standing.

12. Rovert

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so i ended up removing the Latitude and Renegade badges from the doors and hatch, tried to clean it up. then noticed the Jeep hood badge was off center.. so that had to go or it would drive me nuts. then i figured with that all off, might as well just take them all off. I'm planning to do wrangler badges witch are individual letters rather than one piece on the hatch, and ill do them in gloss black. maybe ill do " 4x4" in gloss black too. Otherwise, i think it looks great.
    [​IMG]
    also added 25mm spacers all around to make it sit a little more.. full feeling i guess. its not really aggressive, but looks a lot less wimpy. still looking to upgrade the wheels at some point. not sure what direction, probably not mudder knobby beef cake tires. might go with some 17's and a meaty all season or something. probably also gloss black wheels. what you guys think?

Megatronic likes this.
  13. JKaczor

[​IMG]

Cmonnnnnnnnnnnn

14. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

I want to see pics of it off roading and all muddy. Gtfo with the spacers and debadging lol

JKaczor likes this.
  15. JKaczor

Is this thing lifted yet?

16. Rovert

no lifting it haha, just crusin. did some little tinkering on it, but its already at 17,000miles. i really still want to do larger wheels, like grand cherokee or something. the 16's look so dinky. thing has a koni suspension on it which is rad. been playing around with the drivetrain modes. its either basically FWD with auto 4wheel assist, kinda like haldex. just sends power to the rear when it needs. its also got a little dial with sand, mud and snow mode. mud is a 50/50 locked and instant throttle response.. so I've been driving it like that a lot recently. feels really snappy and you barely have to touch the pedal. sand is 40% front, 60% rear and snow is 60/40 with what feels like a low drive setting. i could feel the jeep sorta gear up when i click snow mode. i can not wait to get home and romp around in the snow with this thing, with my heated seats and steering wheel.. and front window/ wiper tray defroster :D

17. Rovert

yeah i didn't mean too, just wanted to take the gigantic RENEGADE off the front doors, then i noticed the front off center and that shit drives me up the wall ... then i just figured well what the fuck. but i will be doing new gloss black badges on it. it looks weirdly empty on the hatch with nothing there. but the spacers really make it look much more masculine. actually takes turns better too, its almost 2" wider track.

18. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Your wheel bearings must love that. ;)