Joined the P-Car club

Discussion in 'All other Euro Cars' started by Xander, Dec 6, 2012.

1. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

of course you do.

2. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

3. DBR007

DBR007 Posting- God

Very cool, congrats. How many miles?

4. Dos Jotas

Dos Jotas It used to say Admin here

Nice buy. I wouldn't be in a huge hurry to alter the exhaust. Every stock 911 I have been around usually sounds pretty incredible. #i'manoldman

5. Xander

Xander McLovin

36k on the odo, and Jeller said the same about the exhaust. I need to hear it outside, with someone else driving it.

X...

6. 93dx--hatch

93dx--hatch 01ci--coupe

Let me know if you need me to do some 100mph fly bys for you

7. RHallock

RHallock TEAM HATE

it sounds best going sideways.

nyspeed sucks. so much hate and bickering about this thing.

8. Xander

Xander McLovin

Hate is right, thanks for trying to set things back on course. :headbang:

X...

9. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

I try liking it every two or three months, but I just CAN'T.

Xander, did you get you penny loafers yet?

10. 93dx--hatch

93dx--hatch 01ci--coupe

nyspeed is full of internet mechanics/experts

11. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Yep and every car except subarus, f-bods, 335's and m3's are shit

12. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

ftfy.

13. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I see what you did there haha

14. Xander

Xander McLovin

[video=youtube;KRbzJ0L1Zn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRbzJ0L1Zn8[/video]
    This is awesome in retrospect.

X...

15. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

16. Dos Jotas

Dos Jotas It used to say Admin here

There is a lot of truth to that commercial. My wife and I almost pulled the trigger on building a new house, but backed out. We mutually agreed that we had a ton of reservations about the huge increase in costs that we would incur. One of the big ones for me was that the new house was going to make it harder for me to get my Porsche someday. I know it sounds stupid, but it really did cross my mind. When people get bitten by the bug, they are done. After driving literally thousands of cars working in the cars business, the only ones that ever surpassed my expectations as far as overall driving experience was concerned, were Porsche 911s. I spent a few hours behind the wheel of a 996 Carerra Cabriolet, (the black sheep 911 for sure) and it sounded amazing, handled so well, and the feel of the road through the steering wheel was like nothing I have ever experienced to this day.

Awesome purchase Xander.

17. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Agreed: I was never big on Porsches, always thought they were not super awesome. But a few years back my buddy's dad took me for a rip, and I mean he was sending it, in his 997 carrera 2 cabriolet. I was in love with the car! Sound was awesome, never felt like he was gonna loose it haha. Since then I've wanted a carrera 2, though I would never buy a convertible ever.

18. RHallock

RHallock TEAM HATE

they're the greatest car ever built.

19. Xander

Xander McLovin

So all winter my car has been sitting on the lift and I've been staring at the exhaust. I decided to have a NYSpeed member "breetime" modify my exhaust to make it sound a little louder. It's called the Gundo mod. It's nothing but a bypass of the muffler, that basically does what the Porsche sport exhaust does when the flapper valve is open.

Pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.... and this is about as much as anyone will ever see of this work
    [​IMG]

I still need to clean them up a little better, but I wanted to start it up on the lift, and so far it sounds good. I guess I won't know till all the salt is gone and I can take it out for a ride.

One more Picture just because...

[​IMG]

X...

20. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

So the muffler is bypassed all the time? Is this done so it still looks like it has a muffler to a tech but is still effectively straight pipes?