Joined the P-Car club

Discussion in 'All other Euro Cars' started by Xander, Dec 6, 2012.

1. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

No sound clip? Lame!

Looks sweet though!

2. Xander

Xander McLovin

I don't drive it in the winter, so I will see what it really sounds like in the spring

In regard to the bypass, because of the flow, most of the air still goes through the muffler. Everyone on the P-car forums says it sounds great, so I just went with it. LOL

X...

3. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

Really? I always understood gas/liquid to take the path of least resistance. Unless there's no resistance in the muffler, I would expect the majority of the exhaust to take the shortcut through the bypass.

But if it sounds great, that's what matters. And this set up must me quieter than straight pipes, I guess I'm just not convinced how much quieter it is.

4. Xander

Xander McLovin

I started it up on the lift with and without exhaust, and there is a difference, and this mod has been done since the 993 platform.

X...

5. Doc_S4

Doc_S4 Posting- God

How am I supposed to bring my S over to work on if you got the P-car hogging the lift all the time?

6. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

It will take the path of least resistance, and that is split between the muffler and the pipe. But its more than that. That muffler being in the same system as the 'bypass' pipe will even muffle the noise that doesn't go through the muffler. Its a bunch of different sound waves bouncing all over the place.

For example on my own car I had a capped pipe shoot off of the exhaust pre-muffler, go in a J pattern and just stop. There was no flow through it, but because it changed the flow and how the waves were moving through the exhaust it made it quieter. Bascially its not as simple as people think LOL.

7. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

8. RHallock

RHallock TEAM HATE

all I know is I tripped over those god damn things like 15 times the one day and just kept yelling "fuck xander." I had this on my 993 until I just straight-piped the bitch. it's a cool mod for how simple and cheap it is.

I have a similar mod on my 996, except I don't have side mufflers, only a middle muffler/exchanger. I just sliced the center muffler, piped it together, then drilled a 1/8" hole where the 90 exits the muffler/combines with the entering 90 from the turbo. I'm gonna give jay the design and let him go crazy, since, I drew the design up and gave it to some shitty mig welder in Saratoga last year, and would like his pretty welds instead.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  9. Xander

Xander McLovin

Bump update

My 2005 997 c2, on 19" Avant Garde M510 with H&R springs on stock PASM shocks. Install took about 4 hours or so. Pretty straightforward.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sitting pretty nicely in the wheel well
    [​IMG]

X...

10. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

How much drop were the springs good for? I'm impressed with the front to rear height proportion considering you just did springs.

11. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

True!

Looks awesome Xander!!

12. Xander

Xander McLovin

It was a little over an inch drop. It already has the sport suspension, so it's not as dramatic.

Thanks for the kind words.

X...

13. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

14. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

15. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

Wheels and springs look natural on it.. It's a real sweet look.

16. Xander

Xander McLovin

That's what I was going for, thanks!

X...

17. Bracketracer

Bracketracer DITB Sponsor

18. Haenszel

Haenszel Posting- God

I really like this.

19. Xander

Xander McLovin

I had some friends over