Liz an I have taken on a project

Discussion in 'All Non-Euro Cars' started by Dos Jotas, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Dos Jotas

Dos Jotas It used to say Admin here

Liz really wanted a Miata after I sold mine, so we found one that was a pretty good deal.

I prefer the no frills, pop-up headlights NA body style better. She prefers the NB body style and since this was more of a car for her, that is what we looked for.

We found this on craigslist. It lived a city life, so it needs a bunch of cosmetic stuff, but mechanically, it is quite stout. It has 58,000 on the clock, and had a a lot of recent repairs. One of the recent repairs the alternator, which went bad 500 miles after it was replaced. After a few phone calls, I found out where it was purchased and discovered it has a 3 year warranty! Enough yammering on. Here are a few pics:
    I call it; Red Barchetta.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh I almost forgot! I found the original window sticker. It has a Torsen limited slip differential! It's a very desireable option in the Miata world!

2. DBR007

DBR007 Posting- God

Not to familiar with miata's....what year is it? I'm not a fan of miatas but this
    particular one looks damn good besides the rear bumper. Nice pickup.

3. Dos Jotas

It's a 2000.

I forgot to mention that it has a hardtop and a set of steelies with Hakkas that I still need to pick up. Winter Miata!

4. XwalkerX

XwalkerX fist yourself.

slam. stretch. poke.

5. Dos Jotas

Stop it!

I'm not feeling this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. XwalkerX

XwalkerX fist yourself.

jj that looks fucking great...only thing im not feeling is the vip style rims, but the stance is top notch.

just do it!!!!

7. LowlyOilBurner

LowlyOilBurner Posting- God

Stance? WTF is that about? Looks like shit.

8. lady bug

lady bug Posting- God

This is more your taste right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

10. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

or maybe its :puke:

11. Dos Jotas

More like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will she want to turn it into a spec car? Probably not. But that's the direction I'd go if I were modding.

12. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Nice pickup JJ. My father drive’s his 2000 Miata up from Florida every year to run the Batavia Auto-X with me. It’s a fun car. He added a rolbar, upgraded the sways, Racing Beat Springs, Tokico Adjustable Shocks, custom exhaust and cone filter. One of the few jap cars that has soul, as Jeremy Clarkson would say! Enjoy!

13. Dos Jotas

We are looking forward to it. I am also planning on buy my Dad's 92 when he is sick of it. I'd like to do something like this down the road
    Flyin' Miata : Projects: The green 1999 V8

But that is a long way off!

BTW, a special thanks to DH for ripping the aftermarket alarm out of this thing. Stupid thing kept going off, disabled the ignition and we had no remotes to address it.

14. XwalkerX

XwalkerX fist yourself.

shouldnt you be asleep right now jj...

15. Dos Jotas

I'm napping in about an hour. Doing some crunches first.

16. XwalkerX

XwalkerX fist yourself.

lol pb mids are the worst. dont expect to get off the line till like 8:05am

btw how havent i run into you, suitor or nowacki since you all got back...????

17. Dos Jotas

I've been working a lot of south. Nowacki's still in training, that's mostly going to be in the pb for a bit. I've looked ahead. We're not crossing paths for a long time. Unless it's in the streets.

18. XwalkerX

XwalkerX fist yourself.

lol well i never get sched anywhere but the lx/vacis...

19. Smaefer

Smaefer HEATED 24/7

X2

Nice pick up JJ