Look what happens in my demented world.... :P

Discussion in 'Audi and BMW Related' started by vw to bimmer, Nov 7, 2015.

1. vw to bimmer

vw to bimmer The Krazy Professor

Had a tear in my throttle body boot......

Here is where I am now.....

[​IMG]

2. vw to bimmer

Had to wait for the silicone boot so I figured why not do some of the things that have annoyed me.

Slight leak in connectors are back of block where heater core hoses attaches, (new ends should be here tues)
    Oil leak, put in dye and it appears that it is a leak from the front crank seal.

Since I am in there I had a aluminum thermostat cover waiting to go on, new thermostat.

Replaced the drivers seat rear seat cover, because the heating elements in mine were shot when I bought the car, in fact they had burned a hole in the leather when it happened. That part is done and I now will have both a warm butt and back this winter.

Hmmmm, what else..... Oh yah, fixed the lock on rear hatch.

Wrapping all my yearly maintenance into one shot.

3. lite1979

lite1979 Printing Shit!

Woot! That's a hot mess! I'm doing a bunch of stuff to the TT now as well (rear main seal, input shaft seal, new clutch disk, front control arm bushings, sway bar bushings and links, new power steering rack).

4. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

Damn.
    And I used to think I went a little overboard on the "while I'm in there" maintenance...
    Nice work as always.

5. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

For some reason I would expect nothing less than this outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. vw to bimmer

One of these days I am going to purchase a new car (yah right) but if I do, everything will always be done right...........
    I can't tell you the number of fixes that have been done half assed on the cars that I have bought. I am sure that many of them were done by mechanics rushing to get the job done not the owner, that is why it is so important to have a good mechanic/tech do your work, so what if it costs a few bucks more.

The crank seal must have been replaced at one point, the inner lip that does the sealing was not sitting against the full diameter of the crank. Part of the lip was folded forward, I can't believe that it wasn't pissing the oil out. Mine is in right and I even carefully folded the out dust lip out of the way to make sure that it was seated correctly.
    The one that was in there you could see that something was not right and protruding. Not until I took it out could you clearly see it was not installed correctly, my guess is that the installer did not use the plastic insert guide to transition over the key way.

7. Bracketracer

Bracketracer DITB Sponsor

Obviously, it's too late, but Audi typically covers these things forever. They really don't want any burned ass lawsuits, and it's something that happens a lot.

8. vw to bimmer

aww crap, oh well, if it happens again ill go straight there.