lowering spring install shop recommendations?

Discussion in 'Everything Technical' started by Supraman, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Supraman

Supraman Well-Known Member

The install for the rears looks pretty easy, although the fronts look fairly involved. Wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for shops to do the install. Thanks.

2. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Just curious, what car is this for? I'm sure blackforest could install them, but it might be cheaper to pay someone on the side here.

3. skwerl43

skwerl43 Member

I can handle that no problem and I'm cheaper than any shop. Got 26 years experience and over half is on vw/audi and import cars.

4. Supraman

Supraman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses guys, actually did them in the driveway, wasn't bad at all. Just time consuming.

5. skwerl43

skwerl43 Member

Make sure you set an even ride height and take for an alignment. Any time you lower a car even a little bit you need to have an alignment done unless you have a way yourself to check and adjust camber and toe in or toe out. Otherwise you are going to be putting on new tires every other month. Trust me on that one. You might even need an alignment kit if you lowered your car an extreme amount to be able to get enough adjustability so you don't chew up tires and car still handles decent.