main homepage feature car

Discussion in 'Featured Cars' started by Mk3Sleeper04, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

I suggest the ignore function. I've been on this site for six years and I used it for the first time today.

2. RHallock

RHallock TEAM HATE

I think a group shot should be arranged. and the monthly thing can get going again too. its just funny how no one said shit about the feature cars, then all of a sudden, a few people have issues with it.

for the group shot, all of us with cameras should be shooting as well, and we'll have tons of pics from a fun time. anyone who has a problem with it doesn't have to show up. no one will give a fuck if people that suck don't come by.

3. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

4. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

can we do it when it's warm..?

Thanks for the fag car love you guys.

I know it's not feature worthy :(! Tillsquatch is right, damn ebay parts.

5. Haenszel

Haenszel Posting- God

Can you please "unlike" my car?

You're here for the wrong reason.

6. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

The fact that kid said "kristins brothers car" makes me :ham:

:ham:

7. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Get blacked out tails off eBay. Problem solved :)

8. Mk3Sleeper04

Mk3Sleeper04 Vroom!

hey i was just making a suggesttion that its nice seeing differnent things more often. Obviously stuff like this needs to be discussed more cause seems like alot of people have opinions on these sort of things. Ive been part of dubsinthebuff for awhile and proud to be part of such a great local forum. Would like to see more out of it

9. vgneric

vgneric Posting- God

:worried:
    This Tilly kid hates my car, haha.
    After I suggested some snow play with my car and a friend's slammed 20th he right away said no one wants to see some shitty cars. Now he's saying no one wants to see "whooped?"or rattled cars, haha.

Man, I wish I had the cleanest mk4 2.slow automatic jetta around.

I like being hated by the kids on vortex. You seem like you'd fit right in there. You can bitch people out for not having enough poke, or anyone that does anything other than lower their car on air with some nice wheels.

A big group shoot would be fun! If this is going to happen, please give me at least a week or a bit more so I can not be working while it's happening.

10. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

A group shot of us all hugging it out :theyareon

11. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

Around my sensible 98 Honda civic

12. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

Wow, where do I even start.

This is my first post in who knows how long.

To start things off I am back in Buffalo as of a few weeks ago. Haenszel I see you are back too? Guess neither of us liked the DC area.

As far as featured car goes I run the site and can't even get my R on the front page. :rant:

I see a few of you noticed that I pretty much disappeared from DitB while I was down in DC. I guess I felt removed from the site, went car-less for awhile, blah blah blah. Excuses. Maybe I just lost excitement for DitB, probably just a combination of all the above and more.

Now that I am back in Buffalo I want to start getting involved in DitB again. It's good to see the excitement and enthusiasm from some people in this thread, and it's absolutely no surprise to see immature haters as well. I guess some things never change here.

This site was started back in 2002 and I have seen lots of excitement towards it and lots of people post up that they want to help improve the site. I've read those words countless times over the last 9 years but have only seen people actually step up a handful of times. There's always been lots of talk from people but little to no follow through from them.

I'm not going into what cars get featured, etc. I think 99% of you understand the point of the featured car section and an explanation as to its point is not necessary.

We need a solid team of people with fresh ideas and the willingness to provide their time to make those ideas come to life.

So here is what a propose:

For those of you with new idea's as far as content, merch, whatever; let's meet up in person and discuss them. Show me that you are serious and let's do this. If you put in the time I will do the same.

13. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Hmmm, with all the man touching maybe we should do it around mingles miata Haha.

Welcome back t-rent, good to see some enthusiasm :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  14. tgrinsell

tgrinsell Posting- God

Well count me in. I have some of the capital to do shirts and stickers and stuff like that. And not to sound stuck up but only me and a few others on here actually go to a majority of the shows on the east. I think it would make sence if we represented dubs in the buff and contributed with show coverage.

15. vgneric

vgneric Posting- God

I'm down for a meet up to discuss the site. I work at a snowboard shop and have done all the graphics and ads for the past 5 years. I have tons of experience with graphic design before that as well. If someone else has the capital for stickers and tshirts, I have the connections with local printers and I can design some pretty cool stuff. Let me know when this meet up will happen, give me notice though so I can make it.

16. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

hey man... Most of us go to most of the shows on the "East coast". I can speak for a majority of people and say everyone had a really busy summer that stopped them from going. Although.. We should get a banner or something that who ever is going down can take and set up and such.

17. tgrinsell

tgrinsell Posting- God

I know there are others that go to shows but I know other than the newer guy with the blue TT I was the only one from ditb at vagkraft and at one of the best shows of the season canibeats first class fitment. There was a weak showing at h2o and vagfair. I'm not saying other people don't go but I'm confident in saying I probably travel to most weather I'm busy or not. But ur right I think a nice pop up tent with a nice banner would be a good investment maybe even somethig printed on the tent

18. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I know a bunch of us didn't go to H20 because our friend dale got married that weekend. Myself, mike.mike, walker, big E all included.

I would like to make it to more shows but I go into work Sunday nights and hate getting home at 9pm when I have to work in 3 hours. But I still try to go if I can. But usually it comes down to Bmx or cars. Bmx is my love, cars are a hobby, so it's easy to see which one I will usually pick.

I am down to support and grow Ditb. But support for the site isn't just who goes to all the shows and who doesn't.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  19. Dos Jotas

Dos Jotas It used to say Admin here

I've sucked a ton of dick around here yet none of my cars are featured? WTF?

20. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

I didn't know you were back Chris

Brian is my next door neighbor, literally. It's nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.