mk2 door seals, where to buy?

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Related' started by g60gti, Mar 15, 2011.

1. g60gti

g60gti Well-Known Member

Well the nice weather is around the corner and I feel like I have neglected the car the last few years. I am starting to do some work on her so I can drive it a bit more this year. Anyone know of a good place to buy the rubber door seals, sunroof and the hatch seal? I have searched a bit and they seem to be pretty hard to come by.

2. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

Probably a part out on Vortex will work best if you can find a clean set.

Let me ask one of my friends that hoards parts

3. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

im just happy i will see this thing out and about this summer!!

4. g60gti

g60gti Well-Known Member

Me too! It is way too much fun to drive to let sit around. Have a list of about 10 things I have to get done in the next month or so, then you should see her out and about.

Even if anyone has good used ones, let me know.
    Maybe junkyard? It's been so long since I have been to a local yard(10+yrs), any of them have mk2 stuff anymore?

5. XwalkerX

XwalkerX fist yourself.

6. spam16v

spam16v Members Only

I cleaned out the warehouse once for sunroof seals, and headliner to sunroof opening trim... but that was when Spruck was @ VWOP, and they're long gone.

7. thesumof41is5

thesumof41is5 tHeSumOf41iS5

skyway on tifft has a 91 jetta coupe, with from what i remember pretty intact everything.

8. Airhead

Airhead Fred Sanford

Yeah, the stuff is getting pretty hard to come by. I need a lot of seals for my Jetta too. Other than that Jetta coupe at Skyway, I don't know of any more 2-door Mk2s around.

9. Fiend540

Fiend540 Well-Known Member

Shame this is for a 2 door as I have a bunch of 4 door stuff. If anyone is looking I have 2 sets of 4 door jetta door seals, the ones that run up the A-Pillar and along the length of the roof, all are in awesome shape just looking to get them out of my parents house as I no longer have use for them.

10. g60gti

g60gti Well-Known Member

I wonder if the doors are the same size? I know there were big doors and small doors, am I right on that? Can someone confirm? If they fit I will take them for sure, can always find a use for the rear ones somewhere.

11. thesumof41is5

thesumof41is5 tHeSumOf41iS5

Negative, they are different.
    Only Coupe and Gti and two-door golf big door seals fit those doors, 4 door jettas fit 4 doors, the only crossover might be 4 door golf and 4 door jetta, and even that im skeptical about.

12. Fiend540

Fiend540 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the roof section is shorter on the 4 door golfs when compared to the 4 door jetta.

Edit: the seals I have for sale are the ones that attach to the car as opposed to the door itself, I just forget what they are called but you can see them in this picture, its the black seal that goes up the A-pillar and along the roof of the car

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  13. g60gti

g60gti Well-Known Member

Upon further inspection thats actually what I need, the rain gutters. My door seals are ok.