Mk3 2JZ Swap Question

Discussion in 'All Non-Euro Cars' started by 18t papa, Nov 26, 2014.

1. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

Hey guys I just picked up this Mk3 Toyota Volkswagen Supra. I never knew Volkswagen and Toyota teamed up to make these cars! No wonder they're so great! It isn't much like the Mk3 VWs I've seen though which is weird. It has the 7M-GTE engine with about 300chp at 10psi on the stock turbo, so its blisteringly fast, faster than pretty much every Mk3 on here really.

Here's a picture of it!
    [​IMG]

I'm really looking for opinions on exhaust sizing, tuning, body kits, big turbos, 2JZ swaps, etc. Thanks!

2. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Racelands

Join a supra forum... Nerd

Better shave your head, get tribal tats, and lift lots of weights so you fit in though.

3. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

In for over fenders and a 10/12" wheel setup.

4. MaxxVR

MaxxVR Well-Known Member

THIS

5. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

You've had this thing for weeks and haven't posted a single burn out video.... Weak

6. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

I don't think I'll be doing over fenders but I definitely need to get a better set of wheels after I get a set for the Rambler. For now the LM reps will have to do!

Hmmm I didn't even think about that, although it isn't on the road and has just been sitting in my garage which would explain it. Maybe I'll pull it out tomorrow and do some dumb shit in the driveway!

7. badnewsmini

badnewsmini Posting- God

I had a Cressida that I GTE swapped then sold to some kid in NYC... that was an awsome car.. and the 7M isnt a bad motor. no 2jz but they take power well

8. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

Nice! Yeah the plan is to keep the 7m, slap a big turbo on it, and run it on AEM standalone. 500whp is my goal, for now...

9. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

This is probably a Great place to ask questions about your Toyota, lots of information here, especially mk3's

10. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

I have an mk3 also. If you ever wanna swap parts lmk!

11. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

From what I know.

I would swap that tranny to the 6spd s4 tranny that extra gear will make a difference especially putting down the number u will be with this. You may have to fab some stuff up to for the front axles but the ones from the b5 should bolt right up but u will have to custom fit it to the swapped motor I hear the 1.8t puts out a good amount.....ask george..dont let him convince u to dump it in 4th gear tho.....That should bolt right in to that body year could be wrong but im prolly not. Get ur self a nice gt28 it will bolt right up u may have to do alittle wiring should be much maybe 1 or 2 re-pins in the harness should take u an hour or so for the whole job.

Oh yea racelands. U will never find a better set.

12. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

I see that you have been tip toeing in ones jjjjjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwddddddddddddddddddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

13. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

Clean.

14. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Still no burnout videos

15. badnewsmini

badnewsmini Posting- God

Just watch the head gasket.
    I redid the Headgaskit and head studs as everyone said that was the weak point in the 7m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

Yep. HG was done by a previous owner along with ARP studs!