Mk6 TSI Unitronic stage 2, low boost?

Discussion in 'Everything Technical' started by JKaczor, Jul 8, 2016.

1. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

Anyone else here have a stage 2 TSI? Curious as to what sort of boost pressures you guys are seeing.

Background on my car, GTI CBFA engine code TSI with DSG, running stage 2 ECU and stage 2 DSG. I'm only holding 15psi at the gauge, sometimes less. Other times it'll peak at 17psi or so, but only on an upshift and will quickly fall back down to 15psi or less. Confirmed that it's not the gauge, car was reading 2110mbar, which minus atmospheric (990mbar) is 16psi. THEN there are times that it'll jump to 15psi, and as the rpms climb it'll drop down past 10psi. I've ruled out the PCV and DV as possible boost leaks, kinda thinking I'm going to have to do a boost leak test...any insight is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

I would do the boost leak test, best way to figure it out.

3. Opgli

Opgli Well-Known Member

I only hit max 17-18 psi with mine too. Are you WOT when its dropping? I had the same thing occur too where at partial throttle, the boost would be all over the place. I believe there's a thread on vortex about it too.

4. JKaczor

Yea I'm at WOT when it's dropping, partial throttle it has no problem making 14-15psi. It just never seems to go above this.

If you could find a link to that thread that would be awesome!

5. JKaczor

No boost leaks found...

Here's an honest question, would a tuned ECU still throw codes for a bad turbo? I ask this because it's technically not "an under boost condition" so to speak?

6. BlackGTI

BlackGTI Well-Known Member

7. JKaczor

Last time I did a log, the car was requesting 2100mbar, and my actual was 2110mbar. Atmospheric is 990mbar from what the MAP was telling me, so a little bit of math and that's 16psi.

But, the requested was not a set value, it increased as the boost pressure increased? Almost as if they were supposed to be the same the entire time?