my cars progression over the past year

Discussion in 'All other Euro Cars' started by XwalkerX, Feb 12, 2014.

1. XwalkerX

XwalkerX fist yourself.

so its almost been a year since i moved out to LA...

figured i should make an update thread on the 996 now that its my daily driver.

ive put about 10k miles on it over the past year (which if you arent familiar is more than i put on it the whole 4 years i owned it in NYS)

before i left buffalo i did the 40k mile maintinance (plugs/coilpacks/coolant expansion tank/oil change)

[​IMG]

rolling off the trailer to the new home

[​IMG]

mullholland

[​IMG]

met this other walker whos into p cars

[​IMG]

picked up a gt2 front bumper

[​IMG]

then some recaros...

[​IMG]

then did a trans flush/oil change/clutch slave cyl/clutch accumulator/o2 sensor

[​IMG]

then added a ridiculous wing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my most recent purchase...an agency power cage

[​IMG]

and this is how it sits currently

[​IMG]

now im back to focusing on my harleys but i think the only other mod i plan on doing for a while is a set of coils to bring it down a bit more

2. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

Nice!

I love the recaros and the cage. I kind of like the red even though I might have gone black with it. I don't hate the wing either.

Glad you decided to keep this one for more than a few months. :biglaugh:

3. XwalkerX

XwalkerX fist yourself.

I really think putting only 6k miles on it for the first 4 years has something to do with that lol.

its going on 5 years next month...kinda crazy to think about how much has changed in that time

4. MaxxVR

MaxxVR Well-Known Member

definitely need those coilovers, otherwise looking good.

5. Basil VW

Basil VW DITB Sponsor

Very nice my friend. Very different from the TDi days at le Ritz, my how times have changed.

6. Xander

Xander McLovin

:tup: to using your P car, I need to get on that more this year. Do I see you still rocking NY plates? This move just a temporary thing?

X...

7. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

Maybe avoiding smog?

You know I love this thing.

8. Ghostrider

Ghostrider One world, one quattro.

Quite a commuter car!!

Didn't Walker buy it in Utah or some god forsaken place, and they don't have CA emissions standards? It would suck if he got tagged by the 5-0, and they'd see expired registration, and perhaps a CA license.

9. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

10. TANGO DOWN

TANGO DOWN OhnO a V8

seriously nice progression of the car. And I reconize that bearded wonder from the Urban Cowboy movie, which was stellar mind you. And the wing has a GT2 class aura about it, looks good man.

11. almostBrett

almostBrett Active Member

Genuinely love that book shelf, One of the only cars where the bigger the wing, the bigger the :tup: