My results from todays dyno day

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Related' started by t-rent, Oct 26, 2013.

1. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

This morning I loaded a brand new, yet to be released, UM version "magic sauce" tune on my Golf R.

Thanks for letting me use your garage Xander.

AWD Mustang Dyno

HP was right in line with the 4 APR Stage 2+ cars that dyno'ed, but I had around 60ftlb more torque. Also their curve's, while all similar, were not the best curves. They had pretty much nothing until 4k and then it jumped up.

My 2 runs were done with 93 in the tank, but I had the ECU set to 90 octane as I haven't been able to do extensive logging on this version so I toned the settings down a bit. She still has some more left in her.

2. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

3. Jeller

Jeller Posting- God

Impressive numbers for sure !
  4. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

Damn son!

What does the mod list look like for this thing? That's like 390 crank, right? How's the clutch holding up?
  5. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

Nice numbers. What exhaust combo did you run?
  6. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

Graph says engine HP/TQ.
  7. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

measured at the wheels

that's like the power of 4 scum wagons!
  8. t-rent

Power mods:

Um software
    Evoms intake
    Apr HPFP
    Apr downpipe with roc-euro testpipe
    Apr fmic

I think that's it as far as power mods go.

Clutch is holding up just fine but I know a new one is not far off.

My exhaust setup was test pipe with stock catback.

These numbers are to the wheels.
  9. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

I'm really impressed. Are you happy or do you think there is more that can be done without going BT?
  10. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

Gobs of tq! Comes quick too
  11. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

Nice nails.

I'm impressed with theses numbers and still on the stock clutch.
  12. budsdubbin

budsdubbin Posting- God

Alot of power for a ko4.... ? Almost 400crank on 93 seems a bit much for that size turbo what boost you running?. Either way nice job.
  13. t-rent

So what are you saying? It didn't happen?
  14. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

Wait a sec... So stock exhaust from the cat back..I'm shocked :shocked: and I bet the other stage 2+ guys (all with less torque :sly:) all have aftermarket exhausts
  15. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

I love that the UM guys named it magic sauce. What a great name.
  16. t-rent

Actually only 1 APR guy had an aftermarket catback. The rest of them had stock catbacks.

John from Roc-Euro had a Milltek catback I think. He dyno'ed 346 I think. He had the highest HP Golf R, his torque was around 340 or 350 if I remember correctly.

For this unreleased tune that I am running UM completely rewrote traction control when launching. Before I always had to completely turn off traction control when launching or else the car would bog hard. Today I went out and tried a "weak" launch with TC on and it was absolutely crazy. With TC off the tires would spin and I would lay down a good amount of rubber from all 4 tires, it now doesn't waste that time. With the new TC from UM it now just grips, and grips fucking hard and goes.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  17. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

UM is making moves. Good to see them confidently expand into the turbo world.
  18. Xander

Xander McLovin

Nice numbers, glad I could help out. We will have to dial my car in soon too.

19. Haenszel

Haenszel Posting- God

I'm glad they're working on getting the car off the line rather than just "having launch control" -- its good to see somebody actually dialing it in. And it is NOT easy. Esp on street tires.
  20. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

Loving where this is going. Can't wait to see it rip one day.