my sister is looking for tires

Discussion in 'All Non-Euro Cars' started by A4 Deja vu, Mar 18, 2014.

1. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

2008 gmc arcadia shes looking for 255/60 r19 the cheapest on tire rack is like 700 shipped which isnt bad but then gotta have them mounted and balanced just looking to see of anything close to that with them mounted lmk thanks

2. squid

squid No Bozo's

That's not actually a bad price. Even if she pays for m/b it will likely be cheaper than anything available locally. I just checked my supplier and I'm right in that range without m/b. What brand were the ones she was looking at?

3. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

4. squid

squid No Bozo's

Tires fly off that site. Those are now gone. The cheapest they now show is $175 ea, which is still a good price.

5. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

You have to add them to the cart and remove all the unwanted extra fees and they come out to $675. I think $700 is the cheapest you gonna get on this tire size unless you plan on going with slightly used tires.

6. lite1979

lite1979 Printing Shit!

If she needs them to pass inspection and wants to save money, I'd recommend Tread City Tire for a set of used tires. They warranty all of their work, and they're very inexpensive. I got four good used 225/45/17s for my TT for $240, mounted and balanced after tax.

7. squid

squid No Bozo's

I'm always leery about used tires. Without knowing why they are being re-sold it's a gamble. Customers ask me that question all the time. If you know who had them before and how they took care of them, that could be ok. Without knowing if they were run flat or abused you take your chances. This goes along with the new guidelines for flat repairs. Exterior repairs are a no-no since the repair shop would have no way of determining if there is unseen damage on the inside.

I have sold used tires but only ones I have had on one of my vehicles, so I know that what I am selling is ok. I won't risk selling my customers something I am not 100% sure of and can guarantee it. I suppose if you are big enough you can handle a comeback, but being a small shop I can't afford that.

8. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

I dont think he will save much money going used honestly. Maybe $150 - $200 bucks at the most. Then if one of them leaks or something then you gotta spend another $180 on a new tire. Might as well buy a whole new set. Also you wont have to worry about uneven tread wear which is common with used tires.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  9. lite1979

lite1979 Printing Shit!

I actually took my car in two weeks ago because the rear left had a slow leak, and they replaced the tire for free. Yes, there are some caveats, but I think that's why they warranty all of their tires.

My girlfriend got a set of four new tires close to my size (she runs 17s on her Eclipse), and she paid $550, I think, so even if you prefer new tires, TCT is likely to have your size at a good price.

Compared to the $850 I spent on new Michelins a few years ago, $240 is quite a lot more savings than $150-$200, but then again, my size may be more common.

10. TANGO DOWN

TANGO DOWN OhnO a V8