Need Powder Coating?

Discussion in 'Detailing Forum' started by Rovert, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Rovert

Rovert Young Steak... aka Veal

So I've been doing BMX bike and road bike parts of mine, did a ton of stuff on my friends Ninja. it was kawa green with all silver parts, we made it look super mean with tons of matte black.. did some random craft junk just out of boredom. I still have yet to buy/build or find a large enough oven for big parts but im on the hunt. is there any interest in having wheels, bicycle, motor cycle or car parts powder coated? im looking to move my operation from my basement out to the garage this fall. powder paint in general colors I can do stupid cheap (black/white/red/yellow/matte black). specialty colors such as high gloss, metallic and candy I can do but the powder paint is not cheap, but still very reasonable in the long run. the crazy stuff ill have to play with before doing it for anyone but id love to get into 2 stage and all that stuff. so if anyone has something they would like done late fall or over the winter hit me up. PM or post- its all good! im pretty excited to get the Aristos off the R and im thinking matte black that I have on hand or I might splurge on some nice metallic gunmetal :)

2. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

How about the wiper arms on my Westy in black?

3. Rovert

oh yeah, I can do that any time you need man :)

4. Rovert

A sample- these where white.
    [​IMG]
    Pardon the Instagram plug- new phone, don't have many pics.

5. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

That matte color is perfect! Ok, I'll need to strip the crappy old paint/corrosion off of them and hit you up! :)

6. Rovert

Yeah dude I use air craft stripper, it is nuts.

7. Haenszel

Haenszel Posting- God

I had a bunch of things but I can't remember what they are.

8. Olddad

Olddad Member

Super cheap? I'm definitely interested...have to think about small parts but I definitely know if be in for wheels. I like the stock wheels but they're not flawless. A fresh powder coat would makem sharp again. How do you "protect" areas, of the piece or whatever we want powder coated, that we don't want coated. Like say I wanted to powder coat the outside of the rims dark blue, but I wanted the inside of the rim white?

9. Rovert

I'd have to coat the centers then mask them off and spray the barrels and bake it again

10. Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny Well-Known Member

This is great!
    I have a ton of little things, and would rather not take up space in my garage with an oven.
    So you have a big enough oven to do wheels?

11. Rovert

12. Olddad

Olddad Member

Intake man fit in your oven?

13. Bad Bunny

Still def interested.

14. Rovert

Sorry guys, work has been murder all summer. Finally slowed down so I can breath. Gonna try to build my new oven soon- have a bunch of ppl interested in getting stuff done so ill keep the updates coming!

15. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

16. Bad Bunny

How is this coming?

17. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

Leave him alone Patty. He is hiking in the woods being a mountain man currently. <3

18. djbigski

djbigski Well-Known Member

can you do wheels? got a new set i need painted

19. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

He was working on getting a bigger oven last I heard.. I also am wondering.

20. Rovert

Hey sorry guys. Got a work promotion a few months ago and have been workin my buns off, no excuse though I still need to get back into the PC game