new guy with audi a4 b6

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by visa_broke, Aug 6, 2017.

1. visa_broke

visa_broke New Member

new guy here with a dolphin gray audi a4 3.slow b6 quattro. Had the car around 2 1/2 years now and have slowly been modding it. Its gone from completely stock to half way to an s4 replica.

Currently deciding if to keep modding it or to get a 944 to mess with and just use this for the winter.

So far the cars had the following done:

s4 front/rear bumper
    s4 door blades
    aftermarket rear lights
    s4 grill

I also have the following that i've not fitted yet

s4 cluster
    b8 steering wheel
    bmw tiger claw alloys
    kw coilovers

and a few other bits and pieces.

I'm originally from the uk so i've had quite a few cars over the years (think the count is up to 97 currently) cars are cheaper over there than here.

So the great decision is audi b6 vs porsche 944 lol.

2. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Welcome! Glad you signed up. What kind of 944? My buddy just picked one up, he may post it on here shortly.

3. visa_broke

visa_broke New Member

I need to find a good program I can upload pictures to, i've had a couple in the past in the uk. I want a late 944 with the rounded dash rather than the early square one. Not that bothered about if its manual or auto as i'd convert it to manual. I want to do an engine swap to it as well so engines not really required in whatever I buy.

Been out tonight messing with the a4, I have a s4 cluster that I was going to see if I could code it in. Plugged it in and as I expected the immobilizer kicked in. So I was using vagcom/vag commander to see what could be done as I found out the skc for my previous cluster. It wouldn't read the new cluster so I lost interest quickly and was going to get to removing the window tint before my court appearance this week.

This is where my issues started, plugging the original cluster back in resulted in me now having immobilizer issues and the car not starting, aircon not working and remote keys not working. Took quite a while and annoyed the hell out of me to the point I started putting the car back to stock removing the s4 door blades and a couple of other bits. Window tints took literally 5 minutes to remove. After this I decided to pack up, thought i'd try the car one last time and everything now works which was a surprise. Vagcom didn't bring up anything so just think the car was being a pita.

4. robinsonalex760

robinsonalex760 New Member

Hi I am Alex, nice to meet you :D