new guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yunvme666, Jun 9, 2017.

1. yunvme666

yunvme666 New Member

whats up guys new to an 01 b5 a4 recently figured id look around here and see whos into the ecu tuning. i need a few things coded out and a tune to raise the boost up from stock levels for now until i get a bigger turbo soon. im not new to tuning i have used megasquirt for years on my mazdas that ive moved on from finally. but i would like to know if anyone around here can show me around the motec ecu so i can do it all myself eventually. i understand something about needing to convert tables over from hex or something maybe? but if anyones bored and likes to help people learn id be more than grateful i have a 20 year back round in automotive and about 10 years with megasquirt so id shouldnt be that hard....lol... i can watch all the videos i can find but its way easier if i actually have someone to ask . but ya sorry for the ramble, maybe ill run into what im looking for here. thanks guys

Thatcoolwhiteguy likes this.
  2. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

budsdubbin and Breakout Motorsport are going to be your go to for that type of stuff. BTW that generation of Audi runs a Bosch Motronic ECU.

Welcome

3. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

4. yunvme666

yunvme666 New Member

yea i meant motronic that was a long day....lol.. but ya ill have to ask them what they can show me, i dont think ill really have a problem figuring most of it out myself but id rather have a hand with it. all the stuff i want to delete i figured out i just have to get the tables or files and change them to 0 so they dont run and show passed. its not much different than some things i did in megasquirt with commenting out lines to not use the commands basically. ill have to make a post in a different section to see what i can find