New Toy 944 Turbo

Discussion in 'All other Euro Cars' started by Boo$teDB5.5, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Boo$teDB5.5

Boo$teDB5.5 Active Member

So some of you may have noticed I have put my GTI up for sale (feel free to make an offer...) and the whole reason is because I picked up a 1986 Porsche 944T and will also be getting a truck for a daily (less exciting). I have always been in love with these cars, and finally was able to make the move to get one. The car has 130k miles, a chip from lindsey racing, a long list of maintenance records that I have to fully sort through, but for the most part other than the chip it is stock. I plan on enjoying it as is with making some little fixes to it that I have noticed just as a break in period for me and take it from there. See pictures below! The color is Copenhagen Blue which is said to be a pretty rare color.

P.S. - I hate the carbon fiber wrap on the sunroof and headlights. Apparently it was added to hide the fiberglass cracking on the sunroof which is a standard thing that happens. The headlights might have been little accents?

https://www.flickr.com/gp/150709113@N08/35ZdB1

2. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

3. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

4. 944_GASM

944_GASM Well-Known Member

Looks good! The turbo's are a lot of fun - and the way to go for a bit of moderate power.

Throw some clear 3M film or any other ppf brand, to protect those fog lights. Non-cracked fog lights on the 951's / S2 are becoming far and few between and can run close to $300 for one.

5. Boo$teDB5.5

Thanks man! Yeah I knew going into this it wasn't the most powerful engine and wasn't always known for extreme reliability but I have always been drawn to them. I figure if I want to I could pretty easily get close to 300hp out of it and make it an even more fun car to drive. Other than some easy mods I don't foresee pushing any real limits. And if it goes really bad with engine reliability I could always put an LS motor in it....

Thanks for the tip on the fogs, I want to keep those in good condition since I don't want to spend that to replace them.

6. visa_broke

visa_broke New Member

Looks a good car, i'm currently looking to pick up a 944 soon but starting with a n/a model for an engine swap. Just slowly gathering parts to do it currently.

944_GASM likes this.
  7. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Checked this thing out in person yesterday, the pictures really don't do it justice. Paint is pretty amazing.

8. Boo$teDB5.5

The reason why I held out for a turbo versus an NA is because of all the upgrades that were made on the car to make it into a turbo. There is a good poster out there that shows the differences. Therefore if I did ever perform an engine swap or big turbo I would have less to upgrade. Plus I love the styling.

Thanks for the kind words George. I think it still needs a wash before Sunday.

9. vw to bimmer

vw to bimmer The Krazy Professor

Very nice! Always wanted a turbo model. :cool:

10. 944_GASM

944_GASM Well-Known Member

So much truth in that statement. I'm sure if you've seen my LS swap thread into a N/A 944, you'll see exactly what you said. Between the brakes, suspension, and transaxle - the turbo's are the best model to add the extra power too. But since I am redoing everything, it wasn't too big of deal... (shrug). ha

11. Xander

Xander McLovin

Nice! Can we see it in person at the Dubs in the Duff GTG sunday?

X...

12. Boo$teDB5.5

I will be there!