newby

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jdubber2.0, Mar 28, 2007.

1. jdubber2.0

jdubber2.0 New Member

i just want to ay this site rocks and that im new to vw i have a 95 golf 2.0 and i want to make it faster then my brother and buddies civics what the best mods to do i already have intake (neuspeed) and exaust (borla)
    P.S. it does have 200,000 miles thanks for any help, JEFF

2. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

3. Dos Jotas

Dos Jotas It used to say Admin here

Welcome. You probably don't want to spend the $ to make your old 2.0 faster. The next mod that you should logically do is a chip, Probably GIAC is the best. That is good for about 3-5 horsepower, but much nicer drivability. After that, the next mods to get any realistic gains would involve a turbo or supercharger which aren't a great idea for an engine with 200k on the clock.

4. Yazz Blu

Yazz Blu More Yazz Than Blu

If your brother's civic is swapped then you can forget about making your car faster. mods on an aba is pretty useless if your looking for big numbers,however a chip would be a nice upgrade. TT makes a good chip for the 2.0 GIAC does also.

5. Doc_S4

Doc_S4 Posting- God

You want your car to be fast? First step, sell the 2.0 and buy a faster car.
    I've had one so I speak from experience.
    Anyways, welcome aboard.

6. jdubber2.0

jdubber2.0 New Member

swaps?

so is there any swaps wotrh doing like vr6 or a 18 and if so how hard are they to do? thanks , jeff

7. Yazz Blu

Yazz Blu More Yazz Than Blu

A vr swap is pretty simple if you somewhat of average mechanic skills, its practically plug and play in the mk3 depending on the model you have

8. jdubber2.0

jdubber2.0 New Member

a few more questions

hey guys thanks for all your input but i do have a couple questions like on my golf i can figure out where the fuel lid popper is nor can i figure out how to work the rear wiper

9. Doc_S4

Doc_S4 Posting- God

MK3 gas flaps don't have a release button, it should auto un-lock when the car is unlocked.
    As for the rear wiper you need to push the wiper stalk away from you. One push and it is on (intermittent), push again to turn off. Push and hold will operate the wiper at regular speed and squirt the rear window.
    If you're interested, I have a haynes manual for the mk3 2.0. It's not as extensive as a Bentley manual, but it would probably come in handy for you.

10. jdubber2.0

jdubber2.0 New Member

whats a good site where i can find engine parts(crank, valves, pistons and rods) for my 95 2.0

11. jdubber2.0

jdubber2.0 New Member

please help

what are some good after market engine internals for a build up what web sites are good thanks for any who reply, jeff