October Track Day - TMP

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by unibagel, Sep 15, 2015.

1. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

I am thinking about a track day outing in October and wanted to gauge interest. I’ve talked to a few of you who appear to be excited to try their hand at piloting the car at speed on a racetrack. So now is the time to put up or shut up! I can’t stress enough how much you will learn about yourself, your driving skills and your car after participating in such an event. Dollar for dollar this is THE best investment you can make as you will learn the limits of yourself and your car. You will quickly see just how capable they both are without even needing to Mod it. Trust me on this.

Driving Directions

Approximately 1 hour from Buffalo
    Cross border at Peace Bridge to Fort Erie
    Take QEW West for approximately ½ mile
    Exit QEW to Hwy #3
    Follow Hwy #3 West through the town of Cayuga and over the Grand River Bridge
    The 2nd road on your left is Kohler Road
    Turn left on Kohler Road and follow for approximately 4 miles
    Turn left into Toronto Motorsports Park

Pre-meet/cruise

It would be fun to meet up and all cruise up there together, we can find a meetup spot near the Peace Bridge. Needless to say that shenanigans on the drive up or back are not a smart idea, I’ll leave it at that.

Hours
    October Hours 3pm until Dusk, every Wednesday

Pricing
    Pre-registration: $70 + HST

Registration at the Track: $90 + HST

Helmets
    As far as I know are not required. (See the website for more info on this.) Needless to say, I would encourage their use.

Tech

I do not believe there is a formal tech inspection for these events. But it goes without saying that you should be confident that having your car at speed with others will not be a danger.

*Please note that there is a mandatory noise level check.

2. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Tempting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BlackGTI

BlackGTI Well-Known Member

Just a couple things to add:

-It's not a race. Everyone is at the track to have fun and drive fast. There's usually everything from haggard Neons to McLarens on the course.

-TMP is a relatively safe track to drive. You can see the entire course as it's pretty much flat. There's only one wall to hit and its lined with hay bales.

-Fill up before you get there.

-There's no tech and they don't require helmets but wear a helmet.

-Quit talking about tracking your car and do it. I promise you'll have a blast.

4. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

5. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I truly would like to do this. Car needs a little maintenance and giving up a Bmx day for car stuff is a tough sell to myself haha.

6. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Oh man I'll have to see if I can do all my maintenance needed before hand. Is there a set date or any Wednesday in october

And may be a stupid question what's HST?

7. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Tax

8. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Logic. You are not using any.

9. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I'm using it.

Bmx >>> cars for me. If it's ride bikes or play cars bikes always win. I would like to do this, but we will see. Only so many nice days left before winter and no place around for bikes anymore

10. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

I get it. Just giving you a hard time Mang.

I'll be ready for your post in February when it's -9 degrees and you are complaining about doing the required maintenance in the cold. Lol.

11. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

This might get done before then! Abs sensors so my traction control works in the winter.

At least I have a garage now which helps a little. But you never know with a 12 year old 150k car haha

12. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

second shift can suck it.

maybe next year.

13. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

^....said everyone on this form. Ever.

14. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

Anyone wanna buy me some big brakes for the nova..? I'm only good for 2/3 hot stops.

15. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

Is probably be down.

unibagel likes this.
  16. Dos Jotas

Dos Jotas It used to say Admin here

I am working every single Wednesday night in October. Weird.

17. gv1390

gv1390 Well-Known Member

I'll be there on the 3rd for a track day but, I'll be on a motorcycle.

18. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Any suggestions on which date?

19. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

20. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Due to my hastiness to get a track day in and lack of anyone's interest, not going today. Boo. Next year I'll plan it better. :)