OFFICIAL: Volkswagen of Lockport - Questions, Concerns and Update thread.

Discussion in 'General Sponsor Section' started by Basil VW, Jun 14, 2013.

1. badnewsmini

badnewsmini Posting- God

Do you have a body shop? What are you/will you be doing about the corrosion warrenty. I bought an 05.5 that has the normal rusty fenders was going to have them fixed at NT but NT wouldn't even file the paper work as they said all the work has been done at OP so I have to take it there. (I do know the PO bought it new there and had all the service done he just didn't know there was a rust warranty)
    And last I knew op was being dicks about the rust warranty stuff.

2. orangeMKV

orangeMKV Well-Known Member

I am also wondering about corrosion work as my hatch is rusting under the handle

3. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

weird i am also wondering about the corrosion warranty because i just noticed the inside of my door jamb is getting crispy from the inside out..

4. lady bug

lady bug Posting- God

As far as corrosion warranty, I know that it needs to be occurring from the inside out and a pen tip needs to go through the hole for VW to consider it. (This is my own understanding of the warranty FYI)

Give us a call and our service writers should be able to explain what needs to happen.

5. orangeMKV

orangeMKV Well-Known Member

Thank you for the response, would you also have the contact number? :D

6. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

When I brought the R32 into NT they told me you need to be able to poke a hole through any rust spots.

When the rabbit got traded into OP with a bent fender and flaking paint from low life they covered it under paint warranty.

Funny how that shit works. Personally I think VWs paint warranty is bull shit. You might as well start searching for a decent body shop.
    The R has been to several dealers about rust that shouldn't be happening and VW has turned it all down.

7. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

At that point, go across the street to Zeons, Andy slays.

8. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

Working on it lol

9. RHallock

RHallock TEAM HATE

man Steve, I didn't know that was you. I don't think I've ever met you before, I'm like "who is this guy asking to come in to Parts?"

our shift is done for the week. Boeckel, Franklin, and I had a really good 4 days. today was our official grand opening and we killed it! cars are being sold already, Parts had a solid opening day, as did Service.

anyone with interest in pursuing a paint repair from corrosion, call Service and set up an appointment. pictures need to be taken and sent to VWNA for approval. if it gets approved, we'd be happy to take care of it.

everyone who is coming in to the dealership is having a great time. I've gotten so many compliments on how nice the dealership is, and how helpful the employees are.

come check us out!!

716-625-4444 is our number for those asking. my extension personally is 1510. Service and Parts work a 4 day on/off schedule. days I'm not in Parts, you'll talk to Gary Bailey, or Gary Schmitt. they're new to VW, but have over 70 years of Parts experience combined.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  10. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

I gotta come check this place out soon!

11. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

I'm very sneaky

12. JettaOne

JettaOne Black Swan Staff Member

Do it!

13. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I still need to come by and check it out. Will prob call and set up a appointment soon about a corrosion claim

14. JKaczor

^this. Because I am getting nowhere with my current place of employment.......

And because of the fear of...the frame shop...

15. Basil VW

Basil VW DITB Sponsor

Still looking for a good B-tech! PM me!

Adam Beck

16. RHallock

RHallock TEAM HATE

we have a FB page already, I'm gonna see about setting up an Instagram account for us to keep everyone updated picture-wise.

17. badnewsmini

badnewsmini Posting- God

God i wish you didnt have that on-off schedule. if i could just work wed-sat everyweek that would make me happy :p

18. MaxxVR

MaxxVR Well-Known Member

Stopped in this past weekend. Place looks great! Good job!

19. JKaczor

Also stopped in not too long ago with the little one, place looks awesome!

20. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Stopped by tonight, the place looks great. Everyone seems super happy to be there which is good! Best of luck to everyone!