Picked up something old.

Discussion in 'Car Journals/Projects' started by lorge1989, Mar 21, 2013.

1. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

He don't even drive it...he's done building it so now he's bored with it

2. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Not even close Eddie.

3. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Long time no update.

Got a temporary display working, still having issues with my factory cluster mating to the megasquirt.
    [​IMG]

Headed to the dyno at Breakout Motorsports
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had some issues, mostly small but at the end of the day I wasn't able to get full power sweep done.

[​IMG]

I ended up having the wrong injector data entered in the megasquirt setup. It was info I got from the previous owner... lol One of those things that you could 'make work' but as a friend of mine would say, you are just putting fudge on top of fudge to get it there. Its just not the right way to do it. If I ever did want to change injectors in the future, having the wrong cal in for the old ones would make the new ones change my VE table completely.

I did have a datasheet for the injectors though, so I went back entered the latency table in again and retuned on the street (after the dyno sesh) and it was running well. Still thought I needed more data though, because idle was funky.

I ended up calling Fivo-O motorsports and trying to get a small pulsewidth table from them to help my idle situation. They told me over 1.5ms the injectors are linear, which is good news for me because I'll never go under that. More importantly they sent me a new latency table, or updated as they say. Apparently they have better test equipment now, than when the injectors were sold so the table changed. Doesn't make much sense, but as long as I am starting over with the VE table its nice to know I have the 'best' info.

Anyways, highest RPM fully loaded up we got to was about 5500 @ 18-20 psi. Was right around 390whp/380wtq. We only were messing with the VE table at that point, so there are still a few more tweaks that should give me some more power.

Peak power should be at 6500 or 7000 so I think I will be well over 400 whp at 20 psi. :D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  4. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

500whp or gtfo

RoachinRay and JKaczor like this.
  5. 93dx--hatch

93dx--hatch 01ci--coupe

I just saw this thread again after not looking at it since page 2......NICE WORK!!

6. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

You first? :D

thanks

Its been a long road, but I think its finally becoming a complete car.

Over the winter I am putting some coils on it, refreshing the rear brakes and installing my built 01E so I don't have tranny trouble anymore. No one likes tranny trouble.

RoachinRay likes this.
  7. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

Challenge accepted.

But seriously, looks like that came together nicely.
    Nice work

8. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

9. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

X2.

10. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

Excellent work

Time to sell it :p

11. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

1500 cash tomorrow for the whole car George

You may notice that this is my highest offer yet.

Seriously looks good. Please beat Nicky poo to 500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Thanks duders.

And I think Minglor should win the race to 500! But I really am flattered by your offer sasquatch.

And I thought hard about selling this about 3 months ago. But I am so close to getting the car where I want it, I have to finish it.

13. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

500hp or don't update this thread again.

14. 18t papa

18t papa I'M OLD PAT!

Eddie, don't speak english again until the V8 Gay4 comes out. BITCH. <3

RoachinRay likes this.
  15. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Mierda bien esto es una mierda

RoachinRay likes this.
  16. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Nice Google translate

17. bloodtypevr6