Picture size?

Discussion in 'Site Information/Suggestions' started by squid, Jun 21, 2012.

1. squid

squid No Bozo's

What's the latest allowable picture size?

I started bigger, but I'm down to 640X480 229K and it keeps saying too big.

2. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

Avatar? As for pics 1080*768 i think is the limit but ill check

3. squid

squid No Bozo's

Just a regular picture post.

4. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

There is a limit on certain file types. I have a feeling you might be trying to post a .jpeg instead of a .jpg. I took a screenshot of the current settings to help

[​IMG]

5. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

What are you trying to do with the picture? Set it as an avatar? Linking to it?

Those sizes listed by Porkins should be ignored because if you want to post pictures you need to have them hosted elsewhere and then link to them. There is no size limit when hotlinking to things.

You cannot upload pictures to DitB. That functionality has always been turned off.

6. squid

squid No Bozo's

It is a .jpg and it is hosted on one of my servers.

Posting format is http://myservername.com/images/imagename.jpg, inserted into the image posting dialog.

As mentioned above the file is 640X480 and the size is 229k.

Just trying to insert an image in a thread as usual, but it keeps saying it's too big.

7. squid

squid No Bozo's

Ok, something changed.

Yesterday the dialog box was different. Today it looks the same as it always has. Yesterday it was a tabbed dialog box and I had to select the second tab to post from a URL. Today that's gone and it's a singular function dialog. I entered in the file loaction and it worked fine.

What gives?

8. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

Ohh yeah. So when you open that dialog box there are 2 tabs. One tab is for rehosting the image on ditb (which is disabled so it wont work) and the other tab is the one that works. Copy and paste the image URL into the box on the second tab.

Sorry we didn't understand what the problem was sooner. I hope my previous post didn't come across the wrong way.

9. squid

squid No Bozo's

Never saw the 2 tabs before and now they are gone, back to the regular dialog. Something was hosed.

Works like it used to.

10. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

All of this and I didnt see any pics posted by you squid? Whats the deal yo?

11. squid

squid No Bozo's

Sorry, been hyperbusy...

Link