Real Voting... Shut Down the Forum or Keep it Going ??

Discussion in 'Site Information/Suggestions' started by Porkins, Nov 10, 2016.

What should we do?

Poll closed Nov 17, 2016.
  1. Shut Down the Forum

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Keep DITB going

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  1. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

The traffic over the past few months has drastically dropped. We're talking about 4 post's a week. Thats pretty weak when we used to get 5 new posts a day. Still not a ton but it's worth keeping things going at that rate.

2. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

I can't vote to shut it down, I still have hope! lol

3. dyllicious

dyllicious Waffle House Bacon

I still love the forum. The facebook page is mostly garbage.

4. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

I'm not on facebook, so this is my only way of knowing about GTG's and such

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minglor likes this.
  5. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

Same.
    I'd be sad to see it go but I'd understand.
    Ol' yeller

6. vw to bimmer

vw to bimmer The Krazy Professor

Ditto

7. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

Life got busy and I stopped contributing here for a while but I check regularly now.

I'd be sad to see it go. I think most people are using the fb group but I hate fb.

Super Sedan likes this.
  8. Super Sedan

Super Sedan Well-Known Member

The forum is great and I would hate to see it gone. I mentioned it in the Facebook thread, Facebook is nice for quick questions/pics but that is about it. Everything else - FS/WTB, build threads, GTG threads all seem to work better on the forum. Plus the forum is a lot easier to search for old posts, etc.

I think part of the issue is that with Facebook you get (or at least I get) daily group notifications, which includes everything new posted on the DITB page. I have to admit that has caused me to not check the actual forum as often as I used to.

It doesn't help that we're getting into cold weather, less meetups occurring, etc.

9. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

I think more regular GTGs even when its cold (we could meet at a bar or something doesn't have to be fancy) and also not necessarily thought of and run by the 'regular few' that normally organize stuff, would keep things more lively.

10. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

I (am I'm sure I'm the minority) tend to ignore fb notifications because it's like the same 5 typically.

12. Rovert

Rovert Young Steak... aka Veal

late to the game, but how could we nudge people from FB to sing up here and post regularly? the site is still the way to go i think, i don't check often but i don't check anything often, other than instgram. but if it becomes bothersome i also understand the time/expense of running a site

13. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

The forums are sticking around

vw to bimmer and JKaczor like this.
  14. lite1979

lite1979 Printing Shit!

I think this is a really slow time of year for automotive forums outside of wish-lists and what we got ourselves for the holidays. Don't kill it yet!

The CNY VW/Audi enthusiast forum, fastdubs.org, is completely EOL, but their Facebook page (VAG is Classy New York) gets a decent amount of traffic, and a good amount of FS/WTB action as well.

15. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

We've been very slow for years. Most of the OGs who are still here remember the good ol' days, which I wasn't really a part of, but know that the forum traffic and overall vibe of the forum was a lot better.

RoachinRay likes this.