Relocating our Sunday "tea leaf" meets

Discussion in 'GTGs and Shows' started by A4 Deja vu, Apr 4, 2017.

1. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

It's been in the talks for a while and with all the groups using tea leaf parking lot now it was beginning to get crowded and sometimes too much to deal with. So I'm looking for options on another location roughly in the same general area because it's the center of the cities.

Honestly I would like everyone's opinions but take into account if u know u won't be attending. My preference would be by a place with food and maybe a signature item like tea leaf was or maybe ice cream I don't know everyone else's opinion but a beer place I feel would be cool but u can't be out by the cars personally I'd like to keep people by the cars. And of course we need a solid parking lot.

Mike.Mike. likes this.
  2. seanhickey

seanhickey Well-Known Member

Although it's not near any food places / beer places. I really enjoyed Elliott Creek when we were there for the NFG barbecue. Lot's of open space, good scenery, etc. Where ever it does move though we need to cut down on the tom foolery. I'd hate to see it move to a nice location like ECP and then we get kicked out by park rangers for people trashing the place.

Mr Europe likes this.
  3. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Im not a huge Sonic fan, but according to google maps there is a pretty big lot right behind it on Union. Also Teds is right there.

4. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Well if it goes much further then where it is now ill need someone to help with setting it up its pretty convenient for me where it is now but not so much for alot of others. But I'm willing to work with someone to help get this going strong again

5. dumpmout

dumpmout New Member

I remember we used to have Panara meets in OP that were pretty chill.. also across the street is orchard fresh where they used to have cars and coffee. Both could work.. but they are also 30min from buffalo. Definitely no horseplay though OP cops dont mess around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

eamk6r20 likes this.
  6. one.8tee

one.8tee Well-Known Member

What about a little farther down on Sheridan where that mighty taco used to be? There used to be meets there previously but I have a feeling they've moved since mighty is gone now. It's a decent lot, close to tea leaf so I can still get taco bell, and there's restaurants there. Greek To Me is one that I know of in that plaza.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Thats not a bad lot.

Except when 240 bros are sliding around the parking lot lol.

8. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

Old walmart on walden and harlem. Thruway plaza! Its wide open

9. eamk6r20

eamk6r20 Active Member

Panera.. op .. right in village the lighting is great .. nice and clean.. would be a nice place to meet.. it's been in the north towns.. long enough.. time for the south towns to have it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

dumpmout, JKaczor and BlackGTI like this.
  10. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

tilly?

11. BlackGTI

BlackGTI Well-Known Member

12. dumpmout

dumpmout New Member

And the parking lot is nice and smooth and level and the entrance/exit is very flat. Friendly to all ride heights

13. eamk6r20

eamk6r20 Active Member

It is.. 4 years later or so.. what's up.. Panera is a great location for car meets very nice atmosphere when we had it there one year

dumpmout likes this.
  14. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

I think Panera OP would be worth a shot, just to see how everyone feels about it. If it works out then we'll keep it going. Or even some sort of rotate throughout the weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dumpmout and eamk6r20 like this.
  15. BlackGTI

BlackGTI Well-Known Member

I'm in for OP or somewhere not so far North.

JKaczor and dumpmout like this.
  16. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

I think it would be cool to rotate weeks. I would be down for a cruise to the southtowns.

17. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Ok so who would be willing to manage the South meets and find a location it's OK to hang out at?

18. dumpmout

dumpmout New Member

Well in reality nowhere is ok the hang out at. Technically anywhere we go is loitering.. just depends on how respectful we are and how the local law enforcement feel about us being there. We won't know until we try. I only say the Panara lot because that used to be the spot and OP cops were pretty cool about it. I know some OP cops personally that I could ask. As far as running the meet... don't ppl just show up and leave at a certain time? Usually the same day and time every week right?

19. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

So lets do Panera in the southtowns every other sunday and maybe somewhere new up north the other Sundays?

Mr Europe and JKaczor like this.
  20. eamk6r20

eamk6r20 Active Member

I like this alot .. some of us Southtown guys could never make it out to the north towns cause of the drive .. but I think this is great that were taking in account driving for everyone we had a lot of nice cars show up to the panera meets awhile ago.. r8's ..911's ..rs6 the old guys use to love coming to panera this is awesome