Sad you have nowhere to race karts since AJ's closed?

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Super Sedan, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Super Sedan

Super Sedan Well-Known Member

Pole Position Raceway is opening up a location in Buffalo.

http://www.polepositionraceway.com/

I went to the mall in Syracuse where they just opened up a track. The karts are electric but they can move! I can't wait for this to open, it would definitely be a cool place to hold a DITB event. You can rent the place out (looks expensive) or schedule private group races.

2. Dos Jotas

Dos Jotas It used to say Admin here

It would be really cool if they opened this up in an old industrial building in the city, rather than some overpopulated part of the northtowns.

3. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

It would be really awesome if it didn't cost an arm and a leg to race.

4. Super Sedan

Super Sedan Well-Known Member

+1, I'm hoping they put it somewhere in the southtowns

That's the main downfall I see at this point. $5 for a "weekly license" and then $23 for a race. The yearly membership looks like it would pay for itself if you went more than 10 times over a year, but that still a lot of cash.

5. Wsalisbury3

Wsalisbury3 Well-Known Member

Hey if you guys like kart racing come out and watch a race! It's lots of fun! or if you want to get involved! I've been racing karts my whole life and it is really a thrill. Check out my youtube channel for videos www.youtube.com/xkartracer7x

6. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

I went to that Avon track before for some corporate event. I showed up late and didn't really understand the rules. For the final race I had the last position and when we started the pace lap I ripped past everyone and ruined the event for everyone. I didn't even realize it until my friend and I were driving home that day.

Good times.

7. Wsalisbury3

Wsalisbury3 Well-Known Member

Haa cant pass on the pace laps...Avon is a bit of a smaller track, our old track in Batavia used to host the WNY SCCA events all the time and was a great facility...We will be having a TaG Pro Race on May 19th at Avon. The Tag karts are 125cc 28hp watercooled race karts. I will be racing, hoping for a better finish than last year. It would be great if we had a good crowd to come and watch!