So my inspection was up...

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Related' started by t-rent, Oct 21, 2015.

1. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

This past weekend my 2015 GTI 6sp was up for an inspection and oil change so I figured since both were due I might as well trade it in and get a new car.

After being in John @ RocEuros Mk7 R with DSG I haven't been able to stop thinking about that transmission.

So with the VW loyalty deal going on I was able to work out a great deal with Basil. Thanks Ryan and Adam!!

I picked up my new 2016 GTI DSG with Performance Package. I am so much happier with this car over my 2015. The DSG is incredible and matches up great with the MQB 2.0t. For those not familiar with the performance pack it adds Golf R brakes on all corners and a mechanical LSD. We all know the brakes are amazing, and the LSD is absolutely incredible.

To top it off the 2016s come with the MIB2 head units which are probably at least 3 times as fast as MIB1. Changing menus no longer takes numerous seconds but is now instant. The new unit also has Apple CarPlay and android auto which I am loving so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trolley, rabbit20v and RoachinRay like this.
  2. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

legitness!

that apple car play looks awesome. ive heard great things about it

3. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

That Apple play screen is pretty nifty... How does texting work and does it feather to your existing plan or do you need to get additional service for the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. t-rent

Texting and voice calls all work through Siri. Siri comes through all speakers and even shows on the screen. It's integrated into CarPlay.

Apple maps etc use your phones data plan. No need for any extra service.

5. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Well shit

That's pretty cool

6. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

I was wondering how long it would take to spill the beans on this! Very cool sir, I can't wait to give a PP GTI a rip!!!! ;-)

7. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

Glad we can make it work! Texting using the voice command is awesome! The MIB2 makes a big difference. Another member just got a 15 performance package :)

unibagel likes this.
  8. t-rent

Any burnouts leaving basil?

RoachinRay likes this.
  9. BlackGTI

BlackGTI Well-Known Member

Nice pickup. I wish I could've came home with something different after my inspection the other day. Any plans for that wheel gap?

10. t-rent

I had VWR springs on my 2015 GTI but for some reason don't want to put them on this GTI. I think I'm at a point where I don't care about wheel gap much anymore. I still have the springs and ECS spacers which make the car look great but I'm taking a completely different approach with the 2016. Both springs and spacers I'm looking to sell.

All previous cars I would mod quickly and do pretty much all the normal bolt ons. This one I'm taking a more analytical approach to it. The Mk7 does pretty much everything great in stock form. Instead of listening to randoms on the vortex say it needs this part or that part I want to really find out for myself where I feel the car is lacking for the type of driving I do. Yeah I could get rid of wheel gap but the stock suspension is so good. Do I really want to throw off suspension geometry just to be an inch lower? At this point I don't think I do. This could always change once I drive it more but there will be no rushing in to parts with this one. Everything that will be done for this car will be done for my own reasons of where I feel something is lacking or will improve upon an already good stock part that will directly affect my type of driving.

RoachinRay likes this.
  11. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

somebody needs to lay some rubber in this parking lot in their new mk7....

12. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

Sounds legit.

13. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

I left a little tire on the way out of the lot haha

14. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

^Truth. Excellent approach.

15. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

The end of the manual transmission is near. :(

Nice car!

16. BlackGTI

BlackGTI Well-Known Member

Completely understandable as I'm in the same boat now with mods. I'm interested in your spacers if the are 10 & 15mm.

17. t-rent

The spacers are the ECS flush kit for Mk7 so 15mm and 20mm to make flush with Mk7 fenders.