Spring time update for the 997

Discussion in 'All other Euro Cars' started by Jeller, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Jeller

Jeller Posting- God

Like every car you have to make it your own, so a couple minor changes to the 997 for spring time to make it mine. There is not really anything more I will do to the car after this, so I can say its pretty much done for me.

Picked up the car last fall just before the end of the season, got to put about 350 miles on it before hibernation. It's a 2006 C2s with 18K on it now.

[​IMG]

First thing was to address the exhaust, and one of the best bang for your buck and great sounding mods is the "gundo hack/ or fister" mod for the exhaust. Jason @filthy habits was able to take care of that for me and great work as he always does of course:

[​IMG]

I threw in some H&R springs to remove some of that ridiculous wheel gap the car had, and this way I could also keep my PASM factory adjustable electronic suspension too, good compromise for me and the wife when she rides along.

[​IMG]

Picked up some BBS LM-R's for the car next, they were used and I will probably refinish the centers and maybe even the lips to get them back to perfect again as they were not in the best shape. They are good enough, but could be much better, the prior owner used them for track I think and they have a decent amount of marks on them, but i was able to clean them up to be usable for this season and the price was right on them.

Picked up some spacers for ECS to get the fitment perfect, really like how they machined these to fit the OEM hub and still be hubcentric at only a 10mm spacer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is back on the ground and just awaiting an alignment next week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now just waiting for some cleaner roads and nicer weather.....

Jeller

2. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Thank you for having a c2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 8valvematt

8valvematt aka 3.2L 24 valve matt

i need a Porsche 911 in my life..mk4 R32 for sale $55K FIRM!

rabbit20v likes this.
  4. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

Looks great, Jeller! You could always refinish those and not even need to dismount the tires. Pull the faces off and polish the lips. Unless they have clear coat on them :(

5. Xander

Xander McLovin

Porsche's in the Buff, I dig it.

X...

Matt Danger and rabbit20v like this.
  6. Jeller

Jeller Posting- God

They do have the clear coat on them.... I will decide come fall/winter how much work I want to put into them. Having the tires dismounted isn't the end of the world and I will have all next winter then to work on them if I choose to. The lips are not terrible sooo I may just pull the centers out and powder-coat those.
    Thanks for the wheel pics you sent me too btw, that was cool of you .

7. eurotrsh

eurotrsh Resident Wheel Consultant

No problem! Even if I would rather see some 52s on here, these look outstanding!

8. MaxxVR

MaxxVR Well-Known Member

I've always loved these wheels. They look perfect on your car!

9. Jeller

Jeller Posting- God

Thanks man !