Summer Fun @ Nelson Track Day

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by unibagel, Mar 10, 2011.

1. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

I contacted Jason at AutoInterests in regards to this event and it sounds great (he answered my questions below)! I was going to do a HPDE @ the Glen but this seems much more inexpensive, plus it's on my birthday. LOL. I'd like to guage interest as I think it would be fun to wagon train down there to run the event. Nelson Ledges is about 3 hours away. So who is in???

Summer Fun at Nelson Ledges - June 11th, 2011 | AutoInterests

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your interest in our event!

Answers to your questions:

1. If you are an experienced track driver and are comfortable with doing your own tech then we can give you a tech pass. Otherwise we do require a tech inspection especially for novice drivers. We do release a tech guide prior to the event to help with tech requirements.

2. Of course, attendance and the number of run groups we have will affect the amount of time drivers get on track - but drivers generally get around 2 hours or so of actual hot time on-track at our events.

3. We divide our drivers into run groups generally based on driving experience. We usually have novice, intermediate and advanced groups.

4. AutoInterests does not have loaner helmets available but the track might - I can check with them and let you know. I personally actually do have a spare helmet you could use depending if I have to instruct any novice drivers in my car that don't have a helmet.

5. Two drivers can run the same car, however, if they are running the car in two separate run groups there is a $100 fee for having it use a second spot in a different run group. If drivers are using the car in the same run group and just alternating drivers then there is no additional fee.

6. Yes, discounts are available if you can get additional friends or club members to come. If you can get a group of (3) including yourself we can drop the price to $145/car. A group of (6) would take it down to $135/car and a group of (10) or more would drop the price to $120/car. These are based on the early registration discount - the prices do all go up by $10 April 30th.

Do you have an idea of what size group you might have? If there is significant interest from your friends or a club we can work out exclusive run times/groups or even put together an entire day just for your club if there is enough interest.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or would like to discuss further. If you are local to Northeast Ohio, I am in the Canton area and am always up for meeting other track drivers and groups and talking about events and tracks and such.

Thanks again and hope to talk to you more soon!

-Jason Kennedy
    AutoInterests
    330-806-5832
    http://autointerests.com

2. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

I would love to do this. Really depends on how involved my internship is this summer. But I will def go if I can!

3. 8valvematt

8valvematt aka 3.2L 24 valve matt

Interested! I'll have to consult my 2011 calendar, but looks promising:scratchch

4. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

That's great! Come on, let's go have some fun with our modded cars!!!

5. jaywonch

jaywonch Everything Wrong w/DitB

If I don't get into the summer classes I want, this sounds fun. I may be able to come up.

6. BlackGTI

BlackGTI Well-Known Member

Likely in.
    Never tracked myself but there's a first for everything. Hope I don't end up on my roof or such.

7. t3h JAM

t3h JAM Minglor's Lover

i would love to do this, my car is almost in shape....

8. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

That's more of the interest that I expected!! Let's make this happen!!!!

Come on Big E, Walker, Steve!!!!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  9. squid

squid No Bozo's

I wrote to Jason and prepped (non DOT) cars are allowed.

This is doable!

10. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

In a couple of weeks I'll put together another post and we'll get a head count. Once we determine who is in we can talk to them about our group discount and formulate a plan to wagon train down there...

Chris

11. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Hmmmmm looks like I might have to get myself an updated harness and a helmet. I would love to do this!

12. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

interested in this! Will have to see how my summer classes are!

13. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock! Time is counting down! I'd like to get a head count soon to see what kind of a discount we can get for this! I have 3 cars so far so that is $10 off each person. Oh Jason says that there is camping at the track the night before. Hmmmm, may have to bring my Westy down too...

Please post up or PM me.

Thanks!

Chris

14. sasquatch

sasquatch Posting- God

Put me down tentatively, I'll know In a few weeks If I'll be in for sure

15. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Ok, time is quickly slipping away! I have 2 friends who are going to do this event with me so the price will be $145 per person (that’s $10 off). If we can get 3 more people they will take off $10 more for each.

Please PM me with your contact info (real name, address and phone number) if you are serious about doing this. I will compile the list and contact Jason to find out how we register and apply the discount.

I’m quite sure that our cars will need a tech inspection and I think there was someone who volunteered to do this to my car a few months ago. We could all get together at my house (I live in Derby) and go over our cars all in one shot if everyone’s willing. I have air tools, power bleeder, etc… Just a thought.

You will need a helmet with a Snell 2000 M or SA rating. There will be camping available at the track on Friday June 10th. Here are a couple of links that describe what to expect, good reading:

http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org/DrivingSchool/Rookie_Chronicles.aspx

I hope that we can get a good turnout for this. There are actually 12 such events listed for this year and I’d like to do more than one!

Chris

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  16. squid

squid No Bozo's

Did you do something with the formatting of your msg? I can only partly read it if I tip the screen at just the right angle.

17. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Is that better? Are you in Squid?

18. squid

squid No Bozo's

I am officially IN. I looked at the calendar and checked with family plans and everything works out. Details on travel still TBD.

I've already spoken with Jason and I can do my own tech. We can talk to him about doing all the cars at once. I will open the shop and we can have a prep session and do tech.

19. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Most likely I will be in. Really depend if I can get my MK2 in a condition where I feel its safe enough to push it hard. Let you know soon.

20. unibagel

unibagel Posting- God

Perfect! Thank Squid, that is very generous of you! We need to set up a date/time for you Tech Party!

Chris