Thoughts on B8 Avant, and Allroad

Discussion in 'Audi and BMW Related' started by SuperFan99, Oct 25, 2016.

1. LowlyOilBurner

LowlyOilBurner Posting- God

I don't understand the manual thing? I drive 30,000+ miles a year. Doing it with a manual sucked. Driving as much as I do, I want the most advanced and sophisticated driver assistance technology. I want the car to do most of the work for me. Shifting gears is obsolete.

2. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

It seems with time, the majority of people get this attitude. I find it funny that someone who at one point probably refused to drive anything but a manual can't fathom how someone would still want to do that. Its just not possible for anyone to enjoy rowing there own gears simply because you don't like it anymore I guess.

3. Smaefer

Smaefer HEATED 24/7

I've driven manuals my whole life and refused automatic cars like the plague. Then I moved to NYC and ended up buying my first automatic. After living here and the amount of traffic that is here, I just couldn't do it anymore. As long as I live here I will always have an automatic and an SUV (cars get destroyed here). So I guess it really depends on your situation.

4. SuperFan99

SuperFan99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't drive in traffic, it's mostly highway. If I did drive in heavy traffic, I would likely go automatic. When I'm out for a cruise on the weekends, I find the manual transmission more fun than a shift-able automatic or dual clutch.

Not only that, in the cars I'm interested in, there are fewer issues with the manual transmissions. Considering the light towing I'm doing and the history of automatic transmission issues in some of the cars I'm interested in, I'd prefer the more robust, seemingly trouble free option.