Torque Wrench Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Everything Technical' started by KurtCav, Oct 10, 2016.

1. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

2. lite1979

lite1979 Printing Shit!

Both that style and the beam style ones work well, imho. I just like the beam because it's a little simpler.

For that range, though, you may as well get two. I got the one I have when I replaced the head gasket on the TT, and I've been using it ever since.

3. budsdubbin

budsdubbin Posting- God

For motor work I have a digital snapon 3/8 torque wrench that goes to 100ft/lbs. It will also convert from Nm to Ft/lbs to in/lbs. Not only that but there is also a option for degrees it will record degrees turned, record degrees already turned, allow you to ratchet and continue torquing. Also it is a flex head. Quality at its finest you really can't go wrong with it.

4. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

That sounds like the Cadillac of torque wrenches.

I went with the one I posted above. It was $40. I used it for wheels lugs, brake caliper carriers bolts, and it goes down to 10 ft-lbs so I was able to use it for spark plugs too. It's 1/2" drive so it's pretty beefy. The reviews of it were pretty good and it looks like those that had issues with it had good customer service experience with the company.

5. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

Looks like a decent unit. Digital stuff definitely is over kill for the weekend warrior. I have a simple clutched craftsman 3/8 drive and a beam type 1/2 craftsman i bought way back for the big stuff haha.

6. KurtCav

KurtCav Posting- God

I have to admit I was pretty nervous using it on the spark plugs because of the size but it worked as intended. For $40 you can't go wrong.