Undercoating

Discussion in 'Detailing Forum' started by 88Quattro, Nov 17, 2020.

1. 88Quattro

88Quattro Well-Known Member

In effort to bring the forum back to life....

Who in the Buffalo area does undercoating? Not the rubberized but oil-like stuff that will help delay the inevitable for crappy American trucks. Thanks.

2. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

Solid question. Answers will most likely be subjective but I've been looking at a few in the area myself and I find the Krown the company the one I would go with because of how its applied and the type material being used. It seems to be more wax based which I believe to adhere better. That's just my opinion. I've also have been using Amsoil heavy duty metal protector once year. I like it. It is also waxy and does seem to adhere very well to everything. I like wax based products as you can see and that's due to its self healing properties and how it just sticks to everything it comes into contact with.

3. 88Quattro

88Quattro Well-Known Member

I saw Krown and got scared when the website mentioned drilling holes. An autobody friend mentioned that he has never seen that method effective as the coating is never spread throughout the panel, just across from the hole. Searching online, it almost seems like everyone is using the same stuff now.

4. dyllicious

dyllicious Waffle House Bacon

There are some companies that sell the oil based type stuff so you can diy. Im sure itd be a bit messy but you could make sure it gets everywhere you want it.